Multifarms and Rubber trees

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question, does anybody know if multifarms destroy the sap holes in the trees, or are they able to regenerate?

Because the multifarm only harvests the sticky resin from rubber trees, but it's kinda pointless if they don't regenerate, yet it seems like they don't from my farm so far..

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
They should regenerate.
Don't know if there's anything you've done wrong cause I don't know what you've done.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
They should regenerate.
Don't know if there's anything you've done wrong cause I don't know what you've done.

Oki, well good to know
I may have just been impatient

Set up a 5x5 max size multifarm, and planted all the trees checkerboard so that there's alternating air space, then tree.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Manual - rubber tree farm, plant trees back to back no need to make spaces, it needs fertilizer and water as well as powering and will simply extract the sticky resin from the node and then leave it until it reappears. If you don't have sticky nodes in the trees chop them down. You can if you are using a pack with portal/gravity guns make a farm with just wood with sticky resin nodes by grabbing the blocks and moving them about.

Mike ponsford

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I touched on this in the latest episode of my LP.

To answer your question no the sap slots are not removed it functions is exactly the same as if you were to use a tree tap on the tree.

I used the 3x3x4 farm which is the smallest possible farm and usually gives a 11x11 area for farming. However, because of the method I used I only needed a 1 wide farm around the farm blocks.

I explain it pretty well in my video perhaps give it a look.

Hope it helps!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hope it helps!
Sorry bro, but you didn't explain anything that was related to my question.
I appreciate the offer, but I had already gone past setting it up, and planting all my rubber, and I was asking about what happens afterwards, your video is only about setting it up, which is good for others that may come to this thread later, but not for what I was finding out about.

Mike ponsford

Jul 29, 2019
Ah sorry buddy.

I posted it in the hope you could sort of check over what you've done, having just read more of the thread it looks like you had been answered anyway. happy rubber farming!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ah sorry buddy.

I posted it in the hope you could sort of check over what you've done, having just read more of the thread it looks like you had been answered anyway. happy rubber farming!
No worries

Thanks for the post anyhow ^^

Nazgulgnome

Jul 29, 2019
Does the arboretum work with MFR rubber trees? I have a lot of saplings and figured since I could use the wood too, I could set up an auto-farm to cut the trees, collect rubber and then replant.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible that it will work - so long as the multifarm accepts the sapling. However, the multifarm definitely does not recognize the MFR rubber globs that are dropped when the trunk is chopped up. Unless you have a Thaumcraft golem nearby to collect them, you won't be able to get any.

And by the way, instead of having to revive 7 month dead thread, you can ask such questions here: Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Unless you have a Thaumcraft golem nearby to collect them, you won't be able to get any.
Used to use golems for that too, but recently swapped over to using the TT Thaumostatic magnetizer and Obsidian transport pipe(Or hungry chests). Was tired of the golem going AWOL or even MIA sometimes.

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing you could do is set up an MFR planter/harvester combo to grow and chop MFR rubber trees. Take the rubber wood and send it through a TE sawmill. You'll get sticky resin as a by-product at about 1 per 3 logs. Now you get both kinds of rubber from one farm! (I've been dumping the resulting jungle planks into my recycler.)

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing you could do is set up an MFR planter/harvester combo to grow and chop MFR rubber trees. Take the rubber wood and send it through a TE sawmill. You'll get sticky resin as a by-product at about 1 per 3 logs. Now you get both kinds of rubber from one farm! (I've been dumping the resulting jungle planks into my recycler.)
You can even use IC2 rubber trees. When the harvester chops them down, sticky resin is dropping too. I usually do it this way. Resin and logs go to an extractor to create rubber balls.