MPS recipes with thermal expansion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

Some time ago I was frustrated because I checked the configs and TE recipes where enabled, yet not showing in NEI. I even posted here, and got a suggestion to use a mod where you could specify the recipes manually.

Well, today, watching DW20 SP series, I saw he changed the recipe type (from shaped to JSON) and the TE recipes where there O.O!

I don't know if this is new in the updated packs or I just missed it like an idiot, but just in case you don't follow DW20 and feel frustrated by IC2 recipes for MPS stuff like I felt...

Capture.png

Hope it helps!

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Adding to that, you can add your own recipes with no need for an external mod. Just go into the powersuits config folder, and look for something about recipes. After you understand how the format of those recipe files work, you can add your own ones in the same way.

I've been wanting to try making recipes that are more balanced for TE3 (they're the same as they were for TE2 even with all the new items and rebalancing, after all) for quite a while, but that requires some effort. I believe IC2 should need some rebalancing as well, but I don't care much about that mod anymore.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If interested, I have a set of MPS recipes via MineTweaker. "Balanced" around TE, but also with some cross mod elements, needing Factorization, Buildcraft and Tinkers Construct.
Could never get MPS to load the JSON recipes, so just disabled the lot and did my own :D
Minetweaker format is a lot easier to read too.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If interested, I have a set of MPS recipes via MineTweaker. "Balanced" around TE, but also with some cross mod elements, needing Factorization, Buildcraft and Tinkers Construct.
Could never get MPS to load the JSON recipes, so just disabled the lot and did my own :D
Minetweaker format is a lot easier to read too.
Do you mind sharing? I'm not big on MPS, but trying to make everything in my pack rely on everything else.

Reactions: RedBoss

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Do you mind sharing? I'm not big on MPS, but trying to make everything in my pack rely on everything else.
Sure, I'll make it available when I get home. oh, also, my config needs Mekanism too. Forgot about that.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Heya!

Some time ago I was frustrated because I checked the configs and TE recipes where enabled, yet not showing in NEI. I even posted here, and got a suggestion to use a mod where you could specify the recipes manually.

Well, today, watching DW20 SP series, I saw he changed the recipe type (from shaped to JSON) and the TE recipes where there O.O!

I don't know if this is new in the updated packs or I just missed it like an idiot, but just in case you don't follow DW20 and feel frustrated by IC2 recipes for MPS stuff like I felt...

Capture.png

Hope it helps!
he also said that recipe doesn't work right now...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here you go:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46396473/MineTweaker/MPSOverrides.cfg

Because MineTweaker doesn't work correctly with name IDs under a linux server, I've had to use item ID numbers. You will most likely have to adjust them to your pack.

The recipes are designed to push the armour to "mid-game" by using either rarer resources, or items that need infrastructure to craft components

The armour pieces need Steel, not iron, for crafting
Tinkers Table needs 2 Factorization Dark Iron Ingots, and 2 Mekanism Circuits
You get 2 field emitters for a TE Tesseract
The Diamond Plating uses Mek Obsidian Ingots instead of diamonds - cheaper, but needs infrastructure to craft
The Circuit and Hologram thingy both need a buildcraft chip - Laser Assembly infrastructure required
The Parachute uses Project Reds Cloth instead of Wool
Everything else is using TE power storage/ingots

Reactions: SatanicSanta

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019

I counted that I need 64 ender pearls and 32 shiny dusts to enable jet pack. This is kind of expensive. Those tesseracts really elevate the price for MPS rather high. Plus issues with recepies such as wires and Hologram Emmiters that are not craftable. Currently this is real journey to make shiny dust by using all kind of multiplication. I gave up with ender pearls, even so I had vanilla enderman spawner in Rogue dungeon equipped with MFR grinder. Now I have MFR autospawner and Rotary Craft + bedrock pickaxe so it is simply.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I counted that I need 64 ender pearls and a lot of shiny dusts to enable jet pack. This is really expensive. Those tesseracts really elevate the price for MPS rather high. Plus issues with recopies such as wires and Hologram Emmiters that ara not craftable.
Those recipes are craftable, use them on my server just fine. Took 3 days to get it working. If something isn't craftable, make sure that you have all the mods I indicate, and also the IDs match your pack. You can't just use this file and expect it to work first time.

The MPS default recipe for the Ion Emitter is 1 Tesseract for 1 Ion Emitter. My recipe is even cheaper, it gives you 2 Ion Emitters.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Those recipes are craftable, use them on my server just fine. Took 3 days to get it working. If something isn't craftable, make sure that you have all the mods I indicate, and also the IDs match your pack. You can't just use this file and expect it to work first time.

The MPS default recipe for the Ion Emitter is 1 Tesseract for 1 Ion Emitter. My recipe is even cheaper, it gives you 2 Ion Emitters.

I was playing with ThermalExpansion.recipes according to https://github.com/MachineMuse/MachineMusePowersuits/commit/b4d1de1bf3ee8ca9d8526268a858a7cd86f00d22
Finally I simply modified a bit config to get something usable, for instance just a
Code:
{
        "ingredients" : [
            [ { "oredictName" : "dyeRed" }, { "oredictName" : "dyeGreen" }, { "oredictName" : "dyeBlue" } ],
            [ null, null, null ],
            [ { "oredictName" : "componentWiring" }, { "oredictName" : "componentWiring"}, { "oredictName" : "componentWiring" } ]
        ],
        "result" : {
            "oredictName" : "componentLaserEmitter"
        }
    },
This is cheep, but a least I can make it rather than cheat.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So you quoted me, and commented about something that has nothing to do with my post?

I agree though, the new tesseract makes 1 ion emitter very expensive.