Most Powerful energy source there is?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

iamjackproskater

Jul 29, 2019
What is the most powerful energy source? With detail please I will replicate it exactly word for word if it is self sufficient on its self and brings in huge EU, Im talking millions. Please reply im interested to see what people come up with.

Reactions: 2122000nrm

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Xychorium Soil, Wheat, Straw and Wooden Golems, Moisteners, Fermenters, Stills, Liquid-Fueled Boilers, Aqueous Accumulators, your choice of (Railcraft) Steam Engines, Magma Crucibles, Geothermal Generators, and some Pipes. Needs Cobblestone input though, and as we all know Cobblestone shortages are the biggest limiting factor in all FTB builds.

If you want more output with less self-sufficiency, replace the Magma Crucibles and Geothermal Generators with Steam Turbines.

Reactions: Growle

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
There is something of a difficulty here - there's an obvious answer, but it's almost certainly not the one you want.
Once you get enough iridium, setting up an Ultimate Solar factory would do it - you could feed the iridium into more and more solar panels, hence more and more power, etc, etc.
Minecraft Singularity FTW!

...But presumably you mean before then.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The most powerful energy source is GregTech's fusion reactor. Period. It outputs 1,000,000 EU/t - yes, that's 20 million EU per second, if you can manage to build the infrastructure necessary to transport and store it. Mind you, the fusion reactor is getting a complete rework on the recipe and building side with the update to Minecraft 1.5, so I recommend not immediately pouring resources into it. It is not only the most powerful energy source by far, but also the most expensive one by far. It can be made self-sufficient (it generates far more energy than you need to create fuel for it), but it's difficult to do because creating the fuel takes a lot longer than consuming it. It is better to build a stockpile, run the reactor for a while until all your energy storage devices are topped off, and then putting it back to sleep while you consume the billions of stored EU.

Now, as Icarus said, there are other ways of creating millions of EU. Self-replicating solar power can do it. But technically you asked for the most powerful source, and that's the fusion reactor. Everything else is a combination of multiple sources, and to match the reactor you need a great many such sources (over 1950 ultimate solar panels, for example).

Reactions: Jerome Asich

crazy_fab

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask how would you store 20 million EU per second while IDSU can only store 1 billion EU (and are horribly expansive) you are probably better of building enough electrolyser (cheap compared to fusion reactor) to keep up with fuel consumption.

Swoop

Jul 29, 2019
The most powerful energy source is GregTech's fusion reactor. Period. It outputs 1,000,000 EU/t - yes, that's 20 million EU per second.
This is incorrect. It outputs 1,000,000 EU per package but at a rate of "only" 32,768 EU/t.
It still is the most powerful energy source though. (and completely self sustaining)

crazy_fab

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it seem useless to me to store power while you could directly reinvest it into fuel , but that's just how I am, I love running on thigh loop, with the less manual work and the less waste possible.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
This is incorrect. It outputs 1,000,000 EU per package but at a rate of "only" 32,768 EU/t.
It still is the most powerful energy source though. (and completely self sustaining)

It still needs fuel right?

crazy_fab

Jul 29, 2019
yes but the fuel can be obtained through electrolysing/centrifuging water. Which mean that it can power itself and generate excess.

iamjackproskater

Jul 29, 2019
There is something of a difficulty here - there's an obvious answer, but it's almost certainly not the one you want.
Once you get enough iridium, setting up an Ultimate Solar factory would do it - you could feed the iridium into more and more solar panels, hence more and more power, etc, etc.
Minecraft Singularity FTW!

...But presumably you mean before then.
Well I want it to be something harder then solar panels its too often done, I want to do a creative power source like steam or something that has depth to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1363274096][/DOUBLEPOST]
The most powerful energy source is GregTech's fusion reactor. Period. It outputs 1,000,000 EU/t - yes, that's 20 million EU per second, if you can manage to build the infrastructure necessary to transport and store it. Mind you, the fusion reactor is getting a complete rework on the recipe and building side with the update to Minecraft 1.5, so I recommend not immediately pouring resources into it. It is not only the most powerful energy source by far, but also the most expensive one by far. It can be made self-sufficient (it generates far more energy than you need to create fuel for it), but it's difficult to do because creating the fuel takes a lot longer than consuming it. It is better to build a stockpile, run the reactor for a while until all your energy storage devices are topped off, and then putting it back to sleep while you consume the billions of stored EU.

Now, as Icarus said, there are other ways of creating millions of EU. Self-replicating solar power can do it. But technically you asked for the most powerful source, and that's the fusion reactor. Everything else is a combination of multiple sources, and to match the reactor you need a great many such sources (over 1950 ultimate solar panels, for example).
Wow, I will need to build more power and materials before I can start on that do you have creative starting power ideas that I can use on a grand scale