Most fun method of IC2 Power Gen?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
So I already have two steam boilers set up, so I am set for MJ production, but I am currently lacking pretty seriously when it comes to IC2 power. I plan on setting up a Solar-From-UU-to-produce-more-UU-and-Solars-Factory, but I dont want solar power to be the main source of my IC2 power for machines and such. It seems a bit too easy and setup free for me. I like to have to think about how my power is being produced, and solar is just not fun enough for me. Any suggestions?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you could go nuclear, which has many ways of setting up. if you already have boilers going, you could also go for a steam turbine.
you could also use biomass/fuel in a biogenerator to produce EU, thought that's not really efficient unless you have alot of them in my opinion.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't really have the copper necessary for nuclear reactors; the only good (and completely safe) design I have ever made with them needs A LOT of copper...hm. Dont really have the steel needed for a turbine either. As for the zombie farm, I am playing the DW20 pack, which has GregTech disabled. I believe gregtech adds methane and all that, so thats out of the question as well. This is not going to be easy lol. I might just set up a blaze farm using SS and then feed the rods into generators. We will see. Thanks for all the suggestions though, keep 'em coming!

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Hard to beat this design:
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...qr867wl4ylcn4qdoix3yd83b78y8enonfoolys5g23280

100EU/t
Under 4 stacks of copper to setup and none to maintain.

AppD5yr.png

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Now some people don't like gregtech, but if you're really interested in more interesting methods of IC2 power gen, it would have to be found in Gregtech. Nuclear is really fun, you can always try out different configurations on the planner. I guess you could go Magma Crucibles>Geothermal Generators. It's not as fun as Nuclear, especially when you make a breeder reactor and create 8 uranium cells out of one.

CrazyAL

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, gregtech has some awesome power gen options, can't live without it...for non GT pack you can look into producing biomass, then convert it into biofuel with stills, then build some bio generators to produce some EU from it.

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
Make stacks and stacks of igneous extruders, feed them all into recyclers, and burn the scrap in generators.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Fun method: multiply the value in I:energyGeneratorNuclear by 2-5, have fun building nuclear reactor :D

Gotissues

Jul 29, 2019
So I already have two steam boilers set up, so I am set for MJ production, but I am currently lacking pretty seriously when it comes to IC2 power. I plan on setting up a Solar-From-UU-to-produce-more-UU-and-Solars-Factory, but I dont want solar power to be the main source of my IC2 power for machines and such. It seems a bit too easy and setup free for me. I like to have to think about how my power is being produced, and solar is just not fun enough for me. Any suggestions?

Ladies and gentle men my amazing idea for you is.......use a xycraft tank routers and watermills to make a giant watermill farm. tried it in creative once semi complete.