Most efficient non-animal food source? FTB Monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
As the title says, im looking for the most 'efficient' food to get a hold into monster.

By efficient, i mean the time to adquire / food restored rate as good as possible. For now im sticking to normal bread since its easy to get and relatively efficient, but i suppose there must be something better out there. I dont care about special effects, just the more hunger/saturation restored in the less time posible without any animal source.

Any thoughts here?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Magical Crops has pretty good food if you can get a good farm going (tomatoes, peppers, ...). You can craft them into food that gives generation.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, agriculture is installed, right? a peanutbutter sandwich should work. you need..bread and peanuts i believe

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
What others have said before me.
Bread (as you rightly said), baked potatoes, natura berries (berry medley to be precise), BoP foods - fruit and vegetable salad.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
you can also look into the autofeeder of Powersuit since this will make it irelevant how fast you can eat.

I was gonna type these same words but I guess now I don't have to. :)

FYI, there are a few foods that won't work with MPS powersuit autofeeder - the one that always bugs me is "Ambrosia" because I make all my raw materials with bees and therefore I have an insane amount of wax and honey drops to make Ambrosia. But... the MPS autofeeder doesn't "see" the Ambrosia capsules as food.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Whats-taters-preciousss.jpg

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I have always used bread as my early-game food, however in Monster I changed because the Natura berries are plentiful - the four berries, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry and maloberry. Collect the bushes and plant them in a line at your base, then let them mature and right click them - you'll never run out of food. I made bowls and make the "Berry Medley" which is any three out of the four berries plus one bowl. One stack lasted me for a long long time. And I didn't have to build a wheat farm, or build an animal pen or anything - just collect those Natura berry bushes and plant them at your base.

When I got MPS powersuit finally built, then I switched over to any old food because I have 12K apples from my tree farm, tons of beef from my leather farm, etc.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
you can grow beef from magical crops...just plant some cow soul crops. and all the other stuff mentioned above

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
I know you are looking for FOOD sources... But...

GeoStrata Crystals. Nuff' said.

All you need is a little bit of obsidian, some gold, and some redstone. It could take some time to get the crystals, but you'll never have to eat again.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I found a rather unique thing in Monster relating to food.

When I started my Monster world, I had to walk around everywhere and that is so slooooooooow, it's painful. I soon learned that the "Morph" mod isn't in Monster, so killing a bat to get creative flying mode was out of the question.

Well I soon found a mod called Advanced Genetics, and that was the first thing I built in Monster. In a short while, I had my creative flight and I was happy.

I tell this story because there is more than just "flying" in Advanced Genetics. There are other genetic modifications you can make... and one of them may help you... if you collect sheep DNA, you can inject yourself with a syringe that gives you the ability to... eat grass! Just like a sheep does! LOL

Worth a shot? If you live underground, probably not, but if you live on the surface, perhaps!

Reactions: AlCapella

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I found a rather unique thing in Monster relating to food.

When I started my Monster world, I had to walk around everywhere and that is so slooooooooow, it's painful. I soon learned that the "Morph" mod isn't in Monster, so killing a bat to get creative flying mode was out of the question.

Well I soon found a mod called Advanced Genetics, and that was the first thing I built in Monster. In a short while, I had my creative flight and I was happy.

I tell this story because there is more than just "flying" in Advanced Genetics. There are other genetic modifications you can make... and one of them may help you... if you collect sheep DNA, you can inject yourself with a syringe that gives you the ability to... eat grass! Just like a sheep does! LOL

Worth a shot? If you live underground, probably not, but if you live on the surface, perhaps!

lol, just had a funny thought for those that live underground. Grab a grass block (with portal gun or something else that can do it), and bring it to your place), make a 2x3 "table" of grass, stick some chairs around it...and you have a meal table

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know for you. But no matter how hard I try, I always end up with a tree farm. So I always end up eating apple. Even if they are a pretty bad source of food...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Pumpkin pie. You don't have to kill the chickens, just collect their eggs. I have a vegetarian friend who eats eggs. You didn't say you were, nor did you declare your reasons. Forgive my assumptions.

But if you don't want to kill anything, the get a sugar cane and pumpkin farm going. Still some chickens above a hopper, then set up an auto crafting system for pumpkin pie. I don't know it's saturation vs beef but it fills 4 meat sticks so it pretty good.

Jadon_Guy

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I would say berries from Natura. Plant them and eat away! Just have a good farm going for them. They only give you half a food stick, but they are easy to stack up on. :D

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot if Monster Jerky is in the pack but you get so much skin from protecting yourself anyways that just drying it is like no work at all. And it is not animal derived unless you wanna argue the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jadon_Guy

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot if Monster Jerky is in the pack but you get so much skin from protecting yourself anyways that just drying it is like no work at all. And it is not animal derived unless you wanna argue the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, and you could just cook it up in a stone furnace. Rotten Flesh has a lot of uses now in modpacks.