Most complete pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Hi all, I'm a good few hours in to a Mindcrack server (on a friends recommendation), only to find there is no Mystcraft! Which is the best pack to use that has everything?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
There is currently no pack which contains all the mods featured in FTB. See here for a reference of the "tech" packs - it's missing Universal Electricity and VoxelPack, which mostly contain a completely different set of mods.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
basically it comes down to three options:
If you like gregtech- Mindcrack
If you don't/if you reeally want Mystcraft- Direwolf20
If you want to use Universal Electricity- UE pack

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 also has ExtraBees
It didn't have it at first, because Direwold20 watchers always complain when he does bees more than 1 or 2 minutes in an episode...

After checking the V5.0.1, I still don't see extra bees.
Are you sure you just didn't add it yourself?

EDIT: Nevermind, it just didn't update from V4.

So yes, from V5.0.1 onward, there is Extra bees in Direwolf20 pack.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Nope.

Keep in mind that those lists are not up to date. If you want to know which mods are really in the pack just check out the folder where you installed FTB. There should be a Direwold20 dir there, and in the minecraft / mods dir you see all the mods. ExtraBees is supplied with DW20.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't have it at first, because Direwold20 watchers always complain when he does bees more than 1 or 2 minutes in an episode...
No, they weren't in because there was a bug which DW believed wasn't fixed when the pack was put together, which ended up being fixed, then added. It was mentioned in some SMP episode.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Both Direwolf20 and Mindcrack have complete FTB worldgen, so you can always start a world and change packs later.

Mindcrack also has Traincraft which adds additional worldgen but it's unclear if this mod will be unique to the Mindcrack pack or not at this time.

For beginners to Minecraft modding, I recommend the Direwolf20 pack as it's the best showcase available for quality mods. This will probably stay true even when additional FTB packs are released in the future.

Edit: Completely forgot about GregTech's extensive worldgen, I am a moron, see below.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Both Direwolf20 and Mindcrack have complete FTB worldgen, so you can always start a world and change packs later.

Mindcrack also has Traincraft which adds additional worldgen but it's unclear if this mod will be unique to the Mindcrack pack or not at this time.

For beginners to Minecraft modding, I recommend the Direwolf20 pack as it's the best showcase available for quality mods. This will probably stay true even when additional FTB packs are released in the future.

I am sorry, but Greg Tech does add some world gen too.
I believe that the ultimate was stated to have greg tech, but not with the "hard mode" that is currently on Mindcrack.

The "easy mode" would not temper on the recipes, so it would give access to the cool new machines, without forcing the recipes to be changed for the other mods, kind of a compromise between those that like hard mode and those that don't and want greg tech gone altogether.

EDIT: got ninja'd

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. In that case, use the Mindcrack to get the full FTB worldgen.

If you find it too challenging, I have a config pack for that. :)

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
"Complete worldgen" is such a moving target. For example both forestry and thaumcraft changed worldgen recently

Paradisio

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I basically added most of the DW20 missing mods to mine, mystcraft and EE3 as well as some personal ones, all worked no problem so far.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
As a measure of safety, it's generally a good idea to copy the config files as well. Don't know if the Mystcraft Id's have been customized for FTB but it can't do any harm. And note that you will have to copy the mods and configs every time you update your pack, as everything you added manually will get deleted when you update.
You can use multimc to avoid this if you want, it let's you import modpacks from ftb with one click.

BoneDisturbed

Jul 29, 2019
MystCraft might be added to MindCrack once the new update comes out, it renews the way you get Symbols with a new Villager and new Villager housing. That way you wont have to create 200 new ages to get all symbols.

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I too have fun with MystCraft in my Direwolf20 world. I have since moved to MindCrack and just use the FTB launcher to install the missing mods. I found all the zips for the mods I wanted in the direwolf20 folder.