Monster goals

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure there have been some similar threads before, but I couldn't find any, so sorry.

So I recently started a world in Monster and I need a main goal. I usually make goals that involve making a completely automated factory that creates a certain type of item. In my last world, I played on a modpack I built and made an automated factory for the the nuclear missiles in ICBM.

One thing I plan on doing differently on this world is I plan to not cheat and go into creative mode for big build projects. I'm getting all those basalt bricks legit this time.

I also want to use reactor craft as a power system and maybe explore forestry for the first time.

But what other crazy goals should I have this time around?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
ReactorCraft fusion reactor. That will take you a while to pull off, and it will power your entire base.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Go for a car ride around your town and build something you see. It doesn't have to be useful, for example I built a hospital in which I treated villagers for zombification. It had 5 unused stories, and kind of useless due to the autospawner, but it was a blast to build and set up.

Reactions: Museli

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Monster has a bunch of endgame toys for you to play with.

Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI, THE addon for thaumcraft adds a ton of insanely powerful but insanely expensive (think dozens of nether stars per item expensive lol) weapons and bits of equipment

Blood magic (it's disabled by default but you can add it at the touch of a single button), the top tier altar and the grand rituals do some wicked things but take a lot of doing.

beyond magic mods, you have reactorcraft as Padfoote mentioned above.

The fusion reactor i've build in creative but never managed to build legit due to the sheer amount of stuff it costs. Fission reactors are an amazing source of power though.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

DiamondArrow

Jul 29, 2019
Automate everything! In my old monster world, I had a huge soaryn size mac( over 5 stacks of cpu) with each item that needs macerating/smelting have their own dedicated completely overclocked ic2 machine.

Reactions: madnewmy

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Make about 5 fusion reactors legit no spawning anything in or cheating in any way and by then you will never want to touch another one :)

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gosh is it a lot worse than getting the quartz to fill an ME drive with 64k storage drives? I had to have a max size quarry finish per storage thing to get the quartz I needed.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Or make a Deep Storage Unit filled with 64k drives. Might need to check into a mental asylum after the first few hundred.

Reactions: asb3pe

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Or make a Deep Storage Unit filled with 64k drives. Might need to check into a mental asylum after the first few hundred.
First step is to get a power system that can run 50 quarries at the same time.[DOUBLEPOST=1406926504][/DOUBLEPOST]And I guess the second is give up.

Reactions: Bigpak

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
First step is to get a power system that can run 50 quarries at the same time.[DOUBLEPOST=1406926504][/DOUBLEPOST]And I guess the second is give up.

May I suggest using about 50 7x7x5 big reactors? :3

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Oh gosh is it a lot worse than getting the quartz to fill an ME drive with 64k storage drives? I had to have a max size quarry finish per storage thing to get the quartz I needed.

Um.

My current base has 4 ME Drives mostly filled with 16M storage drives.

64k drives are for people who have never discovered renewable sources of quartz.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I don't see much of a point to the 16M drives. I use block storage for all my bulk, and the 64k's fill up with different items far before they reach capacity.

Granted, I haven't used an automatic mining method that pulls up anything other than what I specifically tell it to since 1.5, so I don't have masses of dirt/cobble/stone being generated.

Planning on changing that up on my current map, however, so maybe I'll change my mind.