Modular Power Suits question

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone:
I recently started getting into the Modular power suits. I am really enjoying the way the siuts are set up, however I recently got the jet-pack and rocket boots, and I dont think their performance matches other flight methods. All pieces of my armor have the HV capacitors for energy storage and forcefield generators for the armor, and I have the rocket boots and jetpack set to max as well as the jump assist and flight computer for the helmet, and I dont fly nearly as fast as my Electric jet-pack. Am I doing something wrong or do I have the wrong components installed? The Legs have the jump assist and walking assist maxed out.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
You are overweight.... Remove all but 2 of your batteries. Weight penalties start at 25 and get noticeable about 30.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone:
I recently started getting into the Modular power suits. I am really enjoying the way the siuts are set up, however I recently got the jet-pack and rocket boots, and I dont think their performance matches other flight methods. All pieces of my armor have the HV capacitors for energy storage and forcefield generators for the armor, and I have the rocket boots and jetpack set to max as well as the jump assist and flight computer for the helmet, and I dont fly nearly as fast as my Electric jet-pack. Am I doing something wrong or do I have the wrong components installed? The Legs have the jump assist and walking assist maxed out.
Like Peppe said, check your weight. Flight performance should be very good compared to Jet Packs (I feel flight control to be a little wonky. but that could just be me). Also try adding sprint assist, it seems to increase flight speed.

ZenOokami

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, and because weight effects flight, I suggest simply sticking with run/walk assist, jump assist, and use the portal long fall boots (if you're using a modpack).

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I run elite battery in boots and legs (10kg each) and kinetic generator in legs (4kg), add solar generator to helm (0kg) to have a total power capacity of 10Mj. My suit is fully loaded (apart from jet boots and plasma cannon (too slow) and barely loses power due to the 2 power regen modules.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone:

You're doing something wrong. Check out my post here : http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...st-using-modular-powersuit.16948/#post-200766