Modular power suit items don't charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I've stuck 3 maxed out batteries on my power tool (and also on my collection of armor that I use for fighting lots of stuff like the wither) and, I can't seem to charge my tools. They all have 0/1 EU, which is kinda pathetic. I tried using Charge pads, and that seems to be the only thing that can charge up the 1 EU storage that my tools have. I know MPS isn't apart of FTB normally, but since it seems like it would get used by the community (direwolf20 spotlighted it) and I was wondering if I could find any help here. Thanks.

Also, it says how much energy my tools can store, but it doesn't show a unit, so I have no clue what I need to charge it with. Just a number, no EU or MJ or anything.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the grave. :l
I tried downloading the newest IC2 and the newest MPS and it still doesn't charge.
I was on the recomended build before, and now I've switched to a working dev build. Both yield the same results.
Should I simply remove MPS from my pack and wait for a working build?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Could you specify which builds you're using?

I have no issue charging my own power suit and I'm using Build #89 of MPS and IC2 1.115.213 as well as GregTech 2.78d.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Industrial-Craft-2-Mod-1.4.7.jar, build... erm, doesn't say. It's probably the 1.111 version, although I have no clue if that's 1.4.5 or 1.4.7 I don't know what build I'm using, but it's definitely not 1.111. I probably have 1.112 (or later), as 1.111 is 1.4.5 and anything higher than 1.4.5 is going to be higher than 1.111, logically. The entire internet has NO clue (including Alblaka's blog, the official IC2 forums, the IC2 download page, and the IC2 forum) that IC2 for 1.4.7 exists (by the way, minecraft-mods.org doesn't count as all of those mods are simply labeled under updated even though they aren't) so I'm not sure where I would find a download link that shows the build I'm using.
I've redownloaded (the same version, as far as I can tell) IC2.
I'm using ModularPowersuits-0.2.0-42.jar, build #90. I highly doubt that #92 will be any better, as I've upgraded two times and I have the same issue. I've also tried using smaller batteries, no luck.
It would be nice if there was a place to see the builds of IC2.

EDIT: Also, I'm not using gregtech just yet. Didn't see a 1.4.7 download for it, forgot to check it's 1.4.7 progress. Thanks for reminding me by accident :p

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
For a start, 1.4.6 mods work on 1.4.7 without issue unless they happen to modify arrows, so you've been waiting for an update to 1.4.7 for nothing.

Secondly: there is a progressively-less-secret-every-day build repository for IC2's development versions. The last official beta release was 1.115.207. The fact you're not using at least that is likely the cause of your problems.

It also means you were probably using 1.112.170 the entire time which doesn't work with MPS. :)

cigg

Jul 29, 2019
My son added this mod to our server but has no idea how to up grade these files or folders, we have a few issues in other mods as well, do they not have a tool of some sort that inserts these files into the respected mods there designed for, for most people out there this would be ideal tool to have. I have no idea where to look for the repository for IC2's development versions 1.112.170 to 1.115.207. Do you just pick the latest jar file to download delete the old one and copy & paste the new one in?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I'll explain this in fine detail. I apologise in advance if this seems at all patronising. :)

What I have linked again here is the IC2 repository. This is a Jenkins build repository which keeps copies of every build published to it and records the changes made in each version. It also includes builds that are broken or buggy, because this repo is mainly intended for IC2 developers adding changes for each other to examine. Faulty builds are marked with a red dot, working builds are marked blue. There is a marker for recommended versions of code (i.e. stable releases) but the IC2 devs don't use it. Note that I keep saying "builds", not "releases", because these are developer versions not verified to work properly by the team. IC2's last official release was for Minecraft 1.4.5 so the FTB team and you have no choice but to use a developer version to stay in date. Occasionally there's a really silly bug that creeps into a build but most of the time they are relatively stable and playable.

To download the version you want, you click by the build number you want. For example, IC2 version 1.115.207 is build #207. As you can see, there have been many versions built since then, so you can choose to use a newer version instead. All that is required is that you, the server and anyone else playing on the server are all using the same version of the mod, otherwise you will not be able to connect to the server to avoid major crashing problems server-side.

Download the version you want to use - make sure you download the primary download and not the API as that's for people making mods - and add it to your .minecraft/mods folder. You will need to remove any duplicate versions of IC2 you have or the game/server will not start - this applies to all mods.

It should work fine from there. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.