Modular Armour - What do you guys want?

C

chbachman

Well, it is my time to make one of these. I have exhausted my ideas for Modules.
So, what do you want? What have you wanted in armour?

I am trying to make my mod as useful as possible, and I have done that for myself. However, I would like to make it for others as well, and I have no idea what you guys want.

Rules:
  1. I am not making a power tool. If I was to do that, it would become basically Tinker's over again, and we don't need that.
  2. Please don't suggest a Module or General Improvement twice. Please check if I have already implemented it.
  3. If you want to say something, say it! Just please do not get mad if I say no. When I say no, I will try to explain it, but if I can't then just please accept it and move on.
Current List of Modules:

Jetpack
Calf Shields
Potion
Long Fall Dampeners
Solar Helmet
Auto Feeder
Step Assist
Walking Speed Boost
Vis Discount
Upgrade of Revealing
Jump Boost
Leadstone Energy
Hardened Energy
Reinforced Energy
Resonant Energy
Electrolyzer
Magnet
Night Vision
Invisibility
Thomaz's Textures
Armor Camouflage
Camel Pack
Gas Mask
Pixie Spawner
Mana Converter
LP Converter
Leadstone Solar Helmet
Hardened Solar Helmet
Redstone Solar Helmet
Resonant Solar Helmet
Advanced Solar Helmet
Ultimate Solar Helmet

Current List of General Improvements:
Modular Weapon

Current List of Accepted Improvements and Modules
Milk Upgrade (That just sounds weird)
Attractor Upgrade
Projectile Destroyer
Oxygen Mask
Heat/Cold Module
Terminal Glasses
Aqua Affinity for the skies.
Pumpkin Enderman Effect
Glider Wings

Currently Working on: Defense Upgrades

Up to date download, here.
ad.fly link here. (Use only if you choose. I will not force this upon you)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chbachman

How about some kind of modular weapon?
I kind of view the same thing happening. The weapon will be overshadowed by Tinker's or some other such thing. Plus, it would require a almost total rewrite of my mod. (Mabye)
But, I can look into it. If it turns out to not be that much of a rewrite, I might consider it.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
How could it be overshadowed by tinkers? You could add unique stuff like a teslacoil that shoots lightning that jumps between enemies .

And why would it require a rewrite of your mod?

C

chbachman

How could it be overshadowed by tinkers? You could add unique stuff like a teslacoil that shoots lightning that jumps between enemies .

And why would it require a rewrite of your mod?

Mostly to get current upgrades working on all sides. And mabye to get gui's working for both.

Otherwise, just a lot of the same code to get it all working a second time, with different hooks.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Would something like antiposion upgrade or component work? You could load it with an milk and regen, and for how ever long the regen would last it would counteract any negative effects, but it wouldn't be a constant countdown so it would only count down for the time it neutralize a bad effect.
*Example- You load in 1:30 of regen, so nothing happens but you get hit with wither that would normally last 30 seconds, so instead it neautrilzes all bad effects for 30 seconds, and the regen decreases to a minute. (Think Tailsman of Remendium effect from Thaumcraft, but instead of damaging an item and individually erasing bad effects you have to load it with like milk and regen, and any time you incur a bad effect for how ever long the bad effect lasts your safe from any and all bad effects, but you also lose time on your "regen+milk" combo that keeps it charged.)

Also you mentioned hooks, and it made me think of Blitzcrank from LoL, so even if you don't add weapons (I could care less about weapons) Getting a utility function that could pull in mobs and entities would be pretty awesome, and trolly and fun if it worked on other players.

Last edited:
Reactions: chbachman

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I would love some sort of shield barrier that only appears when a projectile is fired at you (IE Arrows, Firecharges, etc) and bounces them back at the shooter, or just away. Skeletons are so annoying... :p

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Oxygen mask support for Galacticraft. Not exactly necessary because GC already provides it's own inventory, so you can wear the Modular Helmet and the Oxygen Mask at the same time... But it would still be cool!

C

chbachman

Would something like antiposion upgrade or component work? You could load it with an milk and regen, and for how ever long the regen would last it would counteract any negative effects, but it wouldn't be a constant countdown so it would only count down for the time it neutralize a bad effect.
*Example- You load in 1:30 of regen, so nothing happens but you get hit with wither that would normally last 30 seconds, so instead it neautrilzes all bad effects for 30 seconds, and the regen decreases to a minute. (Think Tailsman of Remendium effect from Thaumcraft, but instead of damaging an item and individually erasing bad effects you have to load it with like milk and regen, and any time you incur a bad effect for how ever long the bad effect lasts your safe from any and all bad effects, but you also lose time on your "regen+milk" combo that keeps it charged.)

Also you mentioned hooks, and it made me think of Blitzcrank from LoL, so even if you don't add weapons (I could care less about weapons) Getting a utility function that could pull in mobs and entities would be pretty awesome, and trolly and fun if it worked on other players.
I would love some sort of shield barrier that only appears when a projectile is fired at you (IE Arrows, Firecharges, etc) and bounces them back at the shooter, or just away. Skeletons are so annoying... :p
Oxygen mask support for Galacticraft. Not exactly necessary because GC already provides it's own inventory, so you can wear the Modular Helmet and the Oxygen Mask at the same time... But it would still be cool!
All added to the list. Thanks for your suggestions!

Customizable looks just like MPS!
I have two decorative upgrades, one invisible, and one a texture made by @ThomazM. If you would like to provide textures, then I would be happy to add an upgrade for them.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...what about a machine that you can use to copy the looks of other mods' armor pieces onto your modular power armor?

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
Some kind of backpack integration (with the golden bag of holding, TE satchels, or something) with a hotkey to open up its inventory without needing to take up a slot of your inventory, since we all know modded Minecraft gets your inventory cluttered like hell.

Some liquid storage in your armour, this could be used for several things depending on the liquid stored inside, each thing using up some of the liquid while it's doing the effect.
  • Water - gives you an infinite water source you can spawn anywhere, or used as a coolant if your armour overheats for any reason (if that would be a thing).
  • Gelid Cryotheum - Acts as another coolant, but also puts you out and reduced fire damage.
  • Resonant Ender - Allows you to teleport upon a hotkey, similar to ender pearls, to a short distance.
  • Lava - Keeps you warm enough (similar to camel packs keeping you hydrated).
  • Liquid Glowstone - Illuminates you, making you a light source.
  • Milk - Removes all potion effects on you.
EnderIO capacitors used for energy storage.

Pumpkin-style effect of stopping endermen from teleporting away when you look at them. Potentially even an upgrade to that stopping endermen from teleporting at all if they're close to you.

Something to make it so that it's not god-awful-slow when you're mining a block and flying, like aqua affinity but for the skies!

C

chbachman

Some kind of backpack integration (with the golden bag of holding, TE satchels, or something) with a hotkey to open up its inventory without needing to take up a slot of your inventory, since we all know modded Minecraft gets your inventory cluttered like hell.

I would do if slightly differently, with a button to switch your toolbar and inventory.

Some liquid storage in your armour, this could be used for several things depending on the liquid stored inside, each thing using up some of the liquid while it's doing the effect.
  • Water - gives you an infinite water source you can spawn anywhere, or used as a coolant if your armour overheats for any reason (if that would be a thing).
  • Gelid Cryotheum - Acts as another coolant, but also puts you out and reduced fire damage.
  • Resonant Ender - Allows you to teleport upon a hotkey, similar to ender pearls, to a short distance.
  • Lava - Keeps you warm enough (similar to camel packs keeping you hydrated).
  • Liquid Glowstone - Illuminates you, making you a light source.
  • Milk - Removes all potion effects on you.

See, I would need a way to add the liquid in, and I am not sure how to do that.

EnderIO capacitors used for energy storage.

There is already a recipe for energy storage.

Pumpkin-style effect of stopping endermen from teleporting away when you look at them. Potentially even an upgrade to that stopping endermen from teleporting at all if they're close to you.

I like this. Not sure if possible, but I will look into it.

Something to make it so that it's not god-awful-slow when you're mining a block and flying, like aqua affinity but for the skies!

I like this.

Reactions: Overmorrow

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
See, I would need a way to add the liquid in, and I am not sure how to do that.

You could have an armour stand that you can place the armour on and pipe things into (would work for power, inventory (with the additional inventory space mentioned above) and these liquids).

What may make more sense is just making use of Thermal Expansion's fluid transposer.

C

chbachman

You could have an armour stand that you can place the armour on and pipe things into (would work for power, inventory (with the additional inventory space mentioned above) and these liquids).

What may make more sense is just making use of Thermal Expansion's fluid transposer.
Maybe. I would have to find a way to only have the recipe work if the upgrades are installed, though.