Mods that deserve ressuruction

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ever had a mod you loved but never updated to later versions if minecraft well i think we know all at least 1
My fav dead mod

-scpcraft
A mod that added various scp (anomylous objects/entetys)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I'd wish for the mod that got me into playing modded was still around, it was like, called the Mythir or something along them lines. It had a fantasy type world (think like the Twilight Forest but with a medieval feel) and fantastic mobs and models for them, and lore all over. The last thing discussed on MCF was talk of adding world gen structures (which I have to say it was kind of empty, despite having a pretty landscape) and a few more mobs, but then it died I believe.

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
This may not count, but there was a mod idea started that was called Ender levers that allowed one to switch a lever and joined levers would also change. It had the same Ender chest color scheme and Diamond lockout.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
From what I saw xycraft was getting cool. But what I miss was he had some amazing looking blocks, black with internal glowing colors. They were great for Mage towers.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
-BetterBlocks: Think "Vanilla with Sprinkles", but way ahead of it's time, and with drawbridges and a ton of other cool stuff
-MineColony/Builders: They were fun as heck. They died some time in beta and nobody has ever tried to revive them :(
-NetherCraft(Scokeev9): Natura already adds the trees, and stops there. Nethercraft had as much potential as Aether(the original. Speaking of which, I wouldn't mid that getting a revival and not the weird version we have now) and could have really gone to new places in terms of adventure and survival mods, the likes of which are very rarely seen in today's modding scene. I want this one back the most.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
-BetterBlocks: Think "Vanilla with Sprinkles", but way ahead of it's time, and with drawbridges and a ton of other cool stuff
-MineColony/Builders: They were fun as heck. They died some time in beta and nobody has ever tried to revive them :(
-NetherCraft(Scokeev9): Natura already adds the trees, and stops there. Nethercraft had as much potential as Aether(the original. Speaking of which, I wouldn't mid that getting a revival and not the weird version we have now) and could have really gone to new places in terms of adventure and survival mods, the likes of which are very rarely seen in today's modding scene. I want this one back the most.
Pretty sure MineColony has a recent version, for 1.6.4 at least.
Personally I miss the Cogs of the Machine mod. It had some pretty cool stuff going on, but never made it past 1.4.7

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica, Ars Magica 2, Runic Dusts*, DartCraft, Tropicraft

*I'm actually considering looking into how complex the code is, and maybe even updating it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
there was this one mod, that added actual camera's in minecraft. you could place a camera down and a screen, and you could see on the screen what the camera was filming
I don't know the name of the mod right now, but I do know people tried porting it to newer versions a few times but it never came to an actual release

it was a pretty fun mod and I had quite some fun with it in the old minecraft days

Reactions: Sawney