Mods that add bosses?

DR. DOOMADORE

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

I'm embarking on a mod pack/map project that I'm in an early conceptual stage on and one thing I'd like to include are several bosses. Are there any mods that add boss mobs in a way that can be controlled by a map maker? Is it kosher to include a mod like Twilight forest just to spawn in the bosses under controlled conditions and not use the rest of the mod? (If that's possible?)

I will be making a mod to code some of the mechanics for this pack but the less I have to do the better.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks

DR. DOOMADORE

Jul 29, 2019
I know of a mod that has a lot of badass bosses, but configuring it must be a nightmare. Ore Spawn. There's also DivineRPG(again, giant).
Ore spawn bosses look nifty but I'm working with 1.7.10 currently. As for blood magic @WayofTime how would you feel if I used your demons without the rest of the mod? Spawned them in with command blocks as a one time fight?

Ideally I'd love to have a mod of open source bosses to use for maps but if wishes were horses I'd be busy mucking out my apartment. :p

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's anything wrong with using bosses from mods by themselves. You may want to use those mods anyway though, as they are pretty neat.

Be careful with BM bossess though, as they are VERY strong. Be prepared for stuff balanced around 100% protection armor.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's anything wrong with using bosses from mods by themselves. You may want to use those mods anyway though, as they are pretty neat.

Be careful with BM bossess though, as they are VERY strong. Be prepared for stuff balanced around 100% protection armor.
or you pull a purplementat and have no problem doing it

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
You should be able to remove bedrock on command and let out ...

https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/void-monster

A void monster for them to fight.

Aethir 1 and 2 has bosses, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to arrange a fight with them.

If you use linking books or portals to jump the person around, you could put the next linking book in the locked chest.

Galacticcraft has bosses, and I think there's spawn eggs for them.

I'd love to see a kingslime (blue) (Tinkers construct) as one of the first bosses, and the source of a weapon to fight others with.

In the end though you'll have to send them up against DEATH and the lord of TORMENT from witchery.
But if the king slime drops a chisel?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod named Office Craft that adds "bosses" to the game? :p
(J/k)

8cUNL9k.gif

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a hilarious boss fight, spawn in the Alpha Yeti boss from Twilight Forest. I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
This thread has been really useful for me, as I've been needing some boss mobs for a map I intend on making...

Also, has anyone said mutant creatures yet? They're pretty damn good.

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery- Baba Yaga, Death and Lord of Torment. Really hard bosses, Baba Tags and Lord of Torment give you slowness so you can't fly, Lord if Torment also has a maze when he gets down to half health. And a ton more mechanics. Hope this helped!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I got it! You can use Deadly World to create boss monsters that spawn with World Gen, or you can use Mob Properties to create boss monsters from scratch. Father Toast's mods FTW!!!

Reactions: pizzawolf14