Mods-New vs Old

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
So as we all know, mods get changed with newer versions, sometimes for better, and sometimes for worse. I would like to know what mods other people wish would have stayed the same from last versions. Tell why you liked the older version of the mod better or why it shouldn't have changed. For me it would be GregTech and IC2, gregtech used to add machines and stuff and only change other ic2 recipes, now it does that and changes vanilla crafting and other things that make me not like it anymore, he should add a config that disables extra gregtech recipes for vanilla things so it's more like 1.4.7(this isn't a gregtech hate thing, just my preference) and with ic2 I liked it better when you didn't need a hammer and metal former and all that stuff but I still like and use the mod, I don't like the long crafting chains. It would be nice if mod authors could have versions if their mods that only changed version, not content, along with a version that included the content changes(which would be the main one of course), but I'm sure that would be difficult.​

Last edited:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
One mod item I miss from 1.5 is Thaumic Tinkerer's Sword of the Condor. That was a cool item and I liked the flight mechanic. I also miss the Wand of the Thaumaturge from TC3. It's was a cool looking item and I wish it had an implementation in TC4. I was opposed to the Foci change but it's just more convenient although I miss the more Minecrafty look of the old wands

Last edited:

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
One mod item I miss from 1.5 is Thaumic Tinkerer's Sword of the Condor. That was a cool item and I liked the flight mechanic. I also miss the Wand of the Thaumaturge from TC3. It's was a cool looking item and I wish it had an implementation in TC4. I was opposed to the Foci change but it's just more convenient although I miss the more Minecrafty look of the old wands
I never did any thaumcraft in 1.5 sadly, but I did play with the sword of the condor in a creative world a bit and it was cool, I don't see why the author of TC couldn't just make a research for it, but maybe he just doesn't like the idea anymore

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
I usually find when something changes there's an alternative what to get it. The configs changes in packs I notice more for example the Minefactory Reloaded recipes changing between default and thermal expansion materials.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
So as we all know, mods get changed with newer versions, sometimes for better, and sometimes for worse. I would like to know what mods other people wish would have stayed the same from last versions. Tell why you liked the older version of the mod better or why it shouldn't have changed. For me it would be GregTech and IC2, gregtech used to add machines and stuff and only change other ic2 recipes, now it does that and changes vanilla crafting and other things that make me not like it anymore, he should add a config that disables extra gregtech recipes for vanilla things so it's more like 1.4.7(this isn't a gregtech hate thing, just my preference) and with ic2 I liked it better when you didn't need a hammer and metal former and all that stuff but I still like and use the mod, I don't like the long crafting chains. It would be nice if mod authors could have versions if their mods that only changed version, not content, along with a version that included the content changes(which would be the main one of course), but I'm sure that would be difficult.​

He does add configs for most of the vanilla things he changes (although they're near impossible to find).