Modpacks will not launch

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Modpacks will not launch
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Any pack
Modpack Version:
Any version
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
After some searching, I found something similar that said that updating my java version would fix things, but I've had no such luck. Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you!

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the same does happening to me since th update with the launcher. Please FTB Team can you fix that? Now only Windows 64-Bit user can use FTB Lite(not Funny)!!! I have only 32-Bit version of WIndows but i want to play in the FTB Lite too.o_O:mad: Here i have the link from my launcher log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/b7396b9d

Xavier Clinquart

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the same does happening to me since th update with the launcher. Please FTB Team can you fix that? Now only Windows 64-Bit user can use FTB Lite(not Funny)!!! I have only 32-Bit version of WIndows but i want to play in the FTB Lite too.o_O:mad: Here i have the link from my launcher log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/b7396b9d
Your problem seems to be that the launcher looks for a specific exe and it cant seem to find it :
  1. [17:42:35] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:136: Additional java parameters: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
  2. Fehler: Hauptklasse C:\Program konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden
  3. [17:42:36] [DEBUG] PiwikTracker.run:64: Tracker request failed. Return code: 502
In the launcher could you try gooing to Options then the Java options button. Inhere you should find the Path to your Java.
Can you check if its the correct path ? i beleve it should be somthing like : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe in your case

Xavier Clinquart

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Modpacks will not launch
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Any pack
Modpack Version:
Any version
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
After some searching, I found something similar that said that updating my java version would fix things, but I've had no such luck. Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you!
I can see you have multiple Java's installed at this moment Could you possibly uninstall the different versions and install just One 64bit and one 32bit? Somthimes that causes problems for java Applications

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks but where do you see that i have installed two Java Versions? and is this th right Path? C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe

Xavier Clinquart

Jul 29, 2019
in the start of the log it logs the versions of Java it finds :
  1. [17:29:56] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseJavaVersion:177: Java Version: 1.8.0_31 sorted as: 1.8.0_31 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe
  2. [17:29:56] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseJavaVersion:177: Java Version: 1.8.0_31 sorted as: 1.8.0_31 32 Bit Java at : C:\Windows\system32\java.exe
  3. [17:29:56] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseJavaVersion:177: Java Version: 1.8.0_31 sorted as: 1.8.0_31 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe
  4. [17:29:56] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseJavaVersion:204: Preferred: Java Version: 1.8.0_31 sorted as: 1.8.0_31 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe
At the end it try's to open: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
From what i deducted it would be looking into a wrong place for the java you have installed

Xavier Clinquart

Jul 29, 2019
If you open the FTB launcher under options there should be down below a big button next to the java version. If you Click that one it should open up all java versions including the path he looks for it

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
oh jes you are right i have the java jre1.8.0_25 and the jre1.8.0_31 and the jre6
which one is the right

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
Ok it doesn't work do I have to delete the jre.1.8.0_25?
Or do i have to update Java?
Because it is doing nothing

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks for this information. I've been thinking about doing this after you told me that it was possible that I could have 2 versions of Java . So what i gonna do is this: I do uninstall all java things an install the 32-Bit version because i have WIndows 32-Bit version right? Or is it possible to install the 64-Bit version of Java

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Ok, thanks for this information. I've been thinking about doing this after you told me that it was possible that I could have 2 versions of Java . So what i gonna do is this: I do uninstall all java things an install the 32-Bit version because i have WIndows 32-Bit version right? Or is it possible to install the 64-Bit version of Java
if you have 32-bit windows you can only install 32 bit programs. You can only install the 32-bit java.

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
Ok gys I did what you said. But.....
FTB is still notlounching FTB Lite not and Lite2 too. I did installed the 32-Bit version of Java and changed the path in the launcher from:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe, to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\javaw.exe and I already looked if the javaw.exe is in the folder and yes she is but my Console says that she still can't find/load the program......
Look in the louncher console self: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/6d9ea078

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i have an idea, while i was sitting on the toilet i thinked aubout this: Minecraft runs with java so i look in the normal Minecraft launcher if i can fix the problem

DrummerLps

Jul 29, 2019
So, ok I just looked in the Minecraft Louncher and I had find out that i had another "Backup" of the old version from java the jre1.8.0_25, so I did delete this file and I changed the path of the javaw.exe in the normle MC. L. from users\...\Downloads\runtime\...\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\javaw.exe and normal Minecraft is already lounching but FTB not!!!!! Why!!!:mad:

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Log Link:
Details of the issue:

Do a force update: open options tab on click force update button once and then start your pack