Modded minecraft save files.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I have been building a map and in creative mode and I want to get it ready for survival play for me (and possibly others via map download).

I want to prune the save file to get rid of things like

• Thaumcraft research and scanning
  • Ender chest/tank contents
  • Wireless redstone frequencies
  • Resetting non-overworld dimensions
  • etc
I have an idea of how to do these although I am not completely sure about some of it so I would like to get some opinions from you all first.

There are also folders in my save directory that I am not too sure about that were created by mods. Here is a screenshot of my directory.

upload_2014-4-20_18-19-47.png

What should I delete?
What can I safely delete?
What should I leave completely the hell alone?
Can anyone provide any information about what each folder is for please?

It is a Resonant Rise map by the way, but I hope that doesn't matter too much.

Thank you in advance

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I probably shouldn't have asked that question on Easter Sunday when we all probably have better things to do ;).

However, now that it is normal time again I will re-ask the questions in the OP.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If you have just buildings without machines/chests/portals and nothing in any other dimension other than the Overworld then you only need the region files.

But to answer the question properly we need to know what's in the map.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Building the world with others, fun antics aside.

You are better off loading the converted world and going from there. I think entities are saved in the level.dat, which calls the functions in these mod folders to give the entities/blocks their look, function, interaction, gui, etc.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you probably can't.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
If you have just buildings without machines/chests/portals and nothing in any other dimension other than the Overworld then you only need the region files.

But to answer the question properly we need to know what's in the map.
Fair enough. There is plenty of detail about what is in the world available if you follow the Arendelle castle link in my signature. I should have mentioned that before.

To save you the trouble of looking through that thread (unless you're interested, then by all means look away!) I will summarize it here.

• There is a large building in the overworld that will contain some chests/ iron chests and bibliocraft inventories and drawbridges around the place.
  • I have been in the twilight forest/nether etc but I want to reset them/ not make them available on world download (I already destroyed the portals so people can remake them however)
  • There are computercraft computers with active programs. I am also planning on storing some programs on disks but I reckon they will be stored just fine in item form. I am confident with the computercraft directory though because I edit that all the time
  • Some ender chest frequencies have been used and I want to make sure that all will be ender chest frequencies are empty
Furthermore, even though there are folders present from different mods I have removed to the best of my knowledge all

• dartcraft stuff
  • ender chests and tanks
  • Jabba stuff
  • Tesseracts (the COFH folder appears to be storing a list of used frequencies, can I delete it risk free?)
  • I don't even have chickenchunks installed
  • Same for IC2
  • Portal gun
Some other mods I have installed but haven't used yet have created files/folders. I have no idea what there purpose is and if they are safely deletable or not.

If there is anything else you want to know about I will answer your questions as best I can.

What is the overworld's dimension id by the way? I know its between -1 and 1. If it is 0, I notice that there is no DIM0 folder? Would that mean that the region folder is basically the same thing as the DIM folder but specific to the overworld?

Finally? If I delete the player folder will it just delete the inventory and location of all players on the map (just me) or does it store other things, for example, I heard that is where Thaumcraft research is stored.

Naturally, I keep careful backups and I will experiment with removing files from the save folder to see if there are any adverse affects. I just want to know if any one had any good advice is all, so thanks for the contributions so far.

Last edited:

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I was just on google a minute a go looking for ways to reset Thaumcraft research.

I have cheats enabled so I was able to type

/thaumcraft research <myusername> reset

and it worked, although It did not reset my scanning so I will probably use a similar command to cheat myself points or whatever. It shouldn't effect anyone who happens to download the world anyway.