Request mod updates for the dw20 pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
HI forum,

any chances that the dw20 pack will get an update before the 1.8? There are lots of updates in the packs mods and i realy would like a more up to date pack :D

with kind regards

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with modpacks, when it comes to steady updates, is that it is a modpack. Every time you update things, you have to test to make sure nothing broke and fix what did break. I've tried making a pack of my own once and it wasn't easy. Every time I updated things, things broke, and by the time I got everything fixed and working again Mods did more updating. A lot of times, it seems that mod devs put out updates faster than pack devs can update, test, and fix their packs.

Don't worry, FTB is good with their updating. From what i've seen they update their modpacks to the most stable, recent version of mods one last time before moving up a version. Also, from the looks of it, 1.8 modpacks are still a ways off.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, no vaild answer till now. :/
So please post "i like an DW update" here to keep this thread up :D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hm, no vaild answer till now. :/
So please post "i like an DW update" here to keep this thread up :D
Seriously? It received an "update to recommended" as recent as June 5th. Clearly they are still working on it.
As @darkeshrine made it very clear, updating a pack it not just a snap of the fingers...

Reactions: Psychicash

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
It received an "update to recommended" as recent as June 5th.
Nice :D i really like to hear about the update.

And i make it very clear, that for most i don't like your tone. And i don't like what darkshrine said, which was basically like:
"Blahblah, blah blah, i have no information but blah. It will take a while to get to 1.8 so there are chances."
So stuff your "seriously" ... i do my own modpacks so i know.

but nuff said. Some ppl should read my signiture ;P

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Nice :D i really like to hear about the update.

And i make it very clear, that for most i don't like your tone. And i don't like what darkshrine said, which was basically like:
"Blahblah, blah blah, i have no information but blah. It will take a while to get to 1.8 so there are chances."
So stuff your "seriously" ... i do my own modpacks so i know.

but nuff said. Some ppl should read my signiture ;P

Maybe you should learn to read text rather than skimming it for what you want to see. If you're so impatient as to not care about the work that really goes into these modpacks, then maybe you should try updating it yourself. You might learn something about it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Maybe you should learn to read text rather than skimming it for what you want to see. If you're so impatient as to not care about the work that really goes into these modpacks, then maybe you should try updating it yourself. You might learn something about it.

With that attitude I have to wonder if the OP could even rename a file safely, let alone create a modpack. :D

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
This pack receives updates when Dire asks for them, and that's the only time it does.

Keep it civil in here or I'll lock this thread, that's the only warning I'll give.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I ask about the weather and you tell me, well there is a traffic jam around. Then you accuse me of being
impatient, no clue where you get this from, and that i won't care about the work done!

Maybe you should learn to read questions, then decide to shut up rather than blahblah about something not asked!
I just despite people that talk and talk and miss to adress the subject!

A teacher would say "Grade F, sit down!"

And once again i point down at my signature ...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I ask about the weather and you tell me, well there is a traffic jam around. Then you accuse me of being
impatient, no clue where you get this from, and that i won't care about the work done!

Maybe you should learn to read questions, then decide to shut up rather than blahblah about something not asked!

Noone have a definite answer for you, not even the modpack makers. And people have spend a considerable effort trying to explain this to you now!

But the modpack is still in development(as in it has not been officially been shelved) so chances are good that there will still be updates. If these updates will ever lead to stable recommended builds are a whole other matter. We have several times seen update after update that kept running into instability/bugs and yielded no new recommended builds. And as Padfoote mentions: In the DW20 packs case it all hinges on Direwolf actually requesting the updates too. So maybe you should ask him?

And chill down. People are trying to help you. Don't be so hostile just because they are not saying exactly what you want to hear.

PS: quit with the stupid pop-culture signature. It really doesn't relate to any of this. And tbh the quote doesn't make any sense anyway, but who would expect wise words from a cabaret artist :p

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to explain to you, that i ask a question and i want an answer to that question and not some weatherforecast ... this is the problem with the internet nowadays: everyone needs his forum to TALK and even he has nothing to SAY he just posts whatever is on his mind. THAT's that problem with pop culture today. That's what I am trying to explain to you here!
And ffs i know how much work it is to make a stable modpack with all the id's and dependences. But i can still ASK if there are PLANS to update the modpack! This is not so difficult to understand!

So as you said, they are probably working on it. ETA is not know and "it's done, when it's done" - i don't have problems with that, and i am looking forward to it :D

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019

I answered your question in my first post.
The problem with modpacks, when it comes to steady updates, is that it is a modpack. Every time you update things, you have to test to make sure nothing broke and fix what did break. I've tried making a pack of my own once and it wasn't easy. Every time I updated things, things broke, and by the time I got everything fixed and working again Mods did more updating. A lot of times, it seems that mod devs put out updates faster than pack devs can update, test, and fix their packs.

Don't worry, FTB is good with their updating. From what i've seen they update their modpacks to the most stable, recent version of mods one last time before moving up a version. Also, from the looks of it, 1.8 modpacks are still a ways off.

Reactions: Padfoote

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
BTW this is the original of my signature, but you need to understand the german language ...

Status
Not open for further replies.