Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which mod pack has the most mods AND is closest to FTB Beta A?

• Direwolf20

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • MindCrack

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • VoxelModPack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magic World

• Universal Electricity

• Retro SSP

• BronyModPack

• Total voters

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's a tie between DW20 and Mindcrack. Mindcrack is close, but a bit harder. DW20 is also close, but a bit easier. I'm pretty sure both have more mods than the Beta pack used to have, but some of the old ones aren't included (For example Mystcraft in Mindcrack or GregTech in DW20).

It's kinda strange though as it sounds like you're asking for an opinion while it's really just facts you're after... You can also wait till the Ultimate pack is released, it probably has everything the beta pack has and more (though they haven't announced exactly what mods will be in there).

Finally, there is a sticky topic (here:http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/different-ftb-packs.4727/) which shows the differences between the new packs. If you pull up a list of mods in the Beta pack (for example in the launcher) you can easily compare yourself and see what you think is closest (which would depend on how you prioritize the different mods, not how close they really are if you just count mods).

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft is going to be added to Mindcrack when there aren't crash bugs with its portals, by my understanding, making Mindcrack both closer and definitely having more mods.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Voxel brony modpack FTW!

JK, I'd say DW20, but that doesn't have Gregtech, which I love, so I'll say MindCrack.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone.... Any idea when the Ultimate is out, or is it a WIP? I wouldn't mind bugs as long as they weren't world destroying....

Majicou

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, I think the amount of modpacks are fine as it is. As long as the variety between them is kept, FTB should be perfect.