Mod Collaborations?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Why are there not more collaborations between mod authors? Or are there and the general public just doesn't see it. I see a bit of collab with add-ons, but there needs to be when expanding another's work. What if some bigger mod authors got together and took what they were doing separately and got together and made a bigger beast.
Like what if Mithion, Azanor, and Wayoftime got together and made the ultimate magic mod. Or what if the OpenBlocks team and Rwtenma got together and made an ultimate accessories for everyday minecraft mod.
I could go on and on with examples. But let's hear from the community about collabs you know about, or ones you would like to see. And mod integration isn't really a collaboration unless it has caused both authors to work together on new ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Why are there not more collaborations between mod authors? Or are there and the general public just doesn't see it. I see a bit of collab with add-ons, but there needs to be when expanding another's work. What if some bigger mod authors got together and took what they were doing separately and got together and made a bigger beast.
Like what if Mithion, Azanor, and Wayoftime got together and made the ultimate magic mod. Or what if the OpenBlocks team and Rwtenma got together and made an ultimate accessories for everyday minecraft mod.
I could go on and on with examples. But let's hear from the community about collars you know about, or ones you would like to see. And mod integration isn't really a collaboration unless it has caused both authors to work together on new ideas.

y'know... they have their own personal lives and such and do modding as a hobby

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Really, did you even read the post.

true, did not read the whole thing.
but mod authors are working alot more closely together then we know, they often help eachother out with any of the bugs or problems they encounter.
or sometimes another mod developer finds a better way of doing a code and gives it to the mod developer that's working on that mod.

but it's often quite hard to have so many talented people working on the same project, as they all have their own way of doing things.
sometimes they are able to work together, but at one point they just split up and each go their own way.

I rather like it how they do things now, each doing their own thing. they can do whatever they think is right for their mod. one developer chooses one way of doing things, while the other does it a whole other way.
but if I had to give a suggestion... I really like what jaded is doing right now with her new modpack/map, making a whole modpack be tiered and have the player progress through the technology ages, if mod developers could come together, and perhaps find a way to have all their mods work together like this, that'd be really awesome