Mod Blocks that spiders can't climb?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, i'm looking for blocks in monster that spiders can't climb, any ideas? (Besides machines and stuff, I'm looking for some blocks that are aesthetically pleasing but also don't allow the spiders to do their stuff :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
make a overhang of microblocks' strips, they can be nearly invisible and block spiders from climbing past them

This.

Any overhang is an effective barrier against spiders.

My current house uses inverted carpenter's blocks slopes. It looks nice when you skin it to match the wall too :)

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, the problem is that i have a mob spawner with 3 floors of cursed earth, everything falls correclty (pushed by some fans) except the spiders that stay there and climb the walls to the top :p

I tried microblocks covers and they do not work, spiders can climb them, ill try strips though..[DOUBLEPOST=1405257264][/DOUBLEPOST]They climb strips too :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Umm, the problem is that i have a mob spawner with 3 floors of cursed earth, everything falls correclty (pushed by some fans) except the spiders that stay there and climb the walls to the top :p

I tried microblocks covers and they do not work, spiders can climb them, ill try strips though..[DOUBLEPOST=1405257264][/DOUBLEPOST]They climb strips too :p

In that case, the vanilla solution should work. Two blocks above the ground, place a ring of ladders. Zombles won't be able to reach them and spiders can't get past them.

That or fenceposts sticking out of the wall, which look a bit urgly but they do the trick

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Spiders can climb fences and ladder :p They can basically climb any solid block.. And I want them to drop 15 blocks, can't put overhangs, if I do, they will stay there but still there will be 10 blocks until they get to the grinder :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Spiders can climb fences and ladder :p They can basically climb any solid block.. And I want them to drop 15 blocks, can't put overhangs, if I do, they will stay there but still there will be 10 blocks until they get to the grinder :p

Mhm. Fencepost *poking out* of the side of the wall.
It's the overhead barrier that stops them, fenceposts and ladders just happen to be narrower than a full block so it's space efficient.

alternatively you can smooth things off, have the dropper narrower by two blocks in each dimension than the room for the grinder so you can have a nice overhang in the grinder room that spiders can't climb out of and wont get stuck on when they fall :)

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Spiders can't climb water but they can swim, as every other mob, that was one of the things I tried xD they drop some more blocks until they realize they are in water and then start swimming up.. At which point they drown xD

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
How large is the room? Kinetic attractors might be the ticket, set to repulse mode, they'll push spiders including the ones clinging to the walls. Alternately, forget stopping them and put grinders up there to kill them.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, putting grinders up there is an option, but i wanted it to work more centralized.. Ill test the kinetic attractors though, forgot about them..

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Are they getting blown to the end of the earth before they start climbing? If so, lining the ceiling there with iron spikes should knock them off enough to keep them from grabbing the wall again.