Mob Spawning

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
I read through the wiki page of the behavior of mob spawners. Since i want to use a found skeleton spawner i was wondering if their is an item that will keep them spawning.
As for the vanilla wiki someone has to be within 16 blocks of the spawner. Is their an item that will keep them spawning. Playing with monster pack.

Jet

P.S not using shards or anything like that

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Not a lot of options for forcing mobs to spawn. I'd suggest using MFR and the autospawner, but I don't know how well this would actually work if you went far enough away for them to despawn.

Though if Monster has RotaryCraft(which if it doesn't, then we Canadians are gonna have to burn down the White House again earlier then planned), then there is a Bedrock Pickaxe that can let you move them somewhat more ideal and a machine that lets you control the spawner and it's spawn speed/rates.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Though if Monster has RotaryCraft(which if it doesn't, then we Canadians are gonna have to burn down the White House again earlier then planned), then there is a Bedrock Pickaxe that can let you move them somewhat more ideal and a machine that lets you control the spawner and it's spawn speed/rates.

Rotary craft is in the Monsterpack, only did not check that mod out yet will defiently soon be on my to do list though

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Rotary craft is in the Monsterpack, only did not check that mod out yet will defiently soon be on my to do list though
I hope your computer is not a "dedicated gaming computer". You might not like the lag when you start doing almost anything with RotaryCraft if you have such a computer.

I do suggest checking out both official addons for RotaryCraft that are out now; ReactorCraft adds(drumroll) Nuclear Fission Reactors! And a realistic way of process your pitchblend into usable fissile fuel, realistic nuclear reactor physics, and a Tokamak Reactor! Seriously, if those last two words in my last sentence meant nothing to you, you are dead to me. Also the recently released ElectiCraft(maybe not the most creative name...) allows you to turn Shaft Power from your RotaryCraft shaft systems and make electricity with it! If I understand correctly, it's currently used ONLY for storing Shaft Power from RotaryCraft(and ReactorCraft by extension) and can output it quite nicely, and even has transistors! That's right, those old crazy things with those 3 colored bands on 'em that you had to study in High School if you wanted to do anything with electronics they could provide you with? THEY EVEN USE THE CORRECT COLOR BANDS TO LIMIT CURRENT LIKE THEY TELL YOU THEY DO IN REAL LIFE HOLY CRAP @Reika CAN I HAVE YOUR MAN-BABIES?
...No Homo, @Reika .

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I hope your computer is not a "dedicated gaming computer". You might not like the lag when you start doing almost anything with RotaryCraft if you have such a computer.
Agreed.

...and even has transistors! That's right, those old crazy things with those 3 colored bands on 'em that you had to study in High School if you wanted to do anything with electronics they could provide you with? THEY EVEN USE THE CORRECT COLOR BANDS TO LIMIT CURRENT LIKE THEY TELL YOU THEY DO IN REAL LIFE
Those are resistors, not transistors. ;)

HOLY CRAP @Reika CAN I HAVE YOUR MAN-BABIES?
...No Homo, @Reika .
I already have a sort of on/off pseudo-boyfriend. :p

Answering the original question, try the RC spawner controller.

FurryDJ

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed.
fox-emo-010.gif

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed.

Those are resistors, not transistors. ;)

Answering the original question, try the RC spawner controller.
This is why I shouldn't be posting while sleepy. Mistakes that aren't spelling related crop up more often.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I shouldn't be posting while sleepy. Mistakes that aren't spelling related crop up more often.

3 years of electrical engineering and only for a moment did I go... "wait colored bands?" before happily ignoring it.

carmont492

Jul 29, 2019
Not a lot of options for forcing mobs to spawn. I'd suggest using MFR and the autospawner, but I don't know how well this would actually work if you went far enough away for them to despawn.

Though if Monster has RotaryCraft(which if it doesn't, then we Canadians are gonna have to burn down the White House again earlier then planned), this was the British :D

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Don't quote me and try to spread lies, it was actually Canada. Those crazy Yankees stole our symbol of office!

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
This just in: American international politics uses the same tactics as the mafia. :p

I could say "This just in: Duh" or "We're just very savy business people, I never heard of no mafia", but instead I'm gonna go with 'Merca!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I read through the wiki page of the behavior of mob spawners. Since i want to use a found skeleton spawner i was wondering if their is an item that will keep them spawning.
As for the vanilla wiki someone has to be within 16 blocks of the spawner. Is their an item that will keep them spawning. Playing with monster pack.

Jet

P.S not using shards or anything like that

Dartcraft Time torches can keep a vanilla spawner spawning. Don't think it's in monster though.

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft Time torches can keep a vanilla spawner spawning. Don't think it's in monster though.

I just looked time torches up, and man, Im really happy they are not in the pack. They are hysterical.

On the note of the initial problem, no, I don't think so, OP. I spent hours the other day trying to figure out how to trick a GeoStrata potion crystal that a player was nearby, and I can tell you that tricking the game that there is a player nearby is pretty much impossible. I read something about a custom made addon for computercraft where there would be some kind of turtle that would show in game as a player (probably extend the player class or something), but I don't think it is updated/done, and especially not in FTB packs, sadly. :(

If you want some help with grinders in FTB Monster I made a guide the other day. You can find it in this thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/awesome-mob-essence-system.51725/