Mob Router question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

denpahg

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to use Minefactory Reloaded's Mob Router so that It only moves baby cows instead of all cows... how do i do this? Have been messing with it for over an hour now and cant figure it out and theres no other forums or information on how this thing works.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You just have it facing the right way. Use the precision sledge hammer from MFR and it shows the area a machine reaches. Make sure the highlighted area is on the side with the adults. Also make sure it is powered. Not much else I can suggest without seeing a screenshot of your setup.

Edit. Sorry, I haven't tried the mob Router. If all you want to do is move baby animals, try using the Chronotyper. That is what it was made for and requires nothing to make it work other than placing the right way and power.

denpahg

Jul 29, 2019
heres the screenshot. im trying to move BABY cows from the left side to the right side. and no matter what I do with the reusable safari net or the mob router settings, it always moves both adult and baby cows or doesnt move them at all.

Attachments

• wtf.png
    wtf.png
    354 KB · Views: 83

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt even realize the chronotyper did that! ill try it next
I tried out the mob router and I couldn't get it to work either. I have a feeling it may only work for monster mobs and not animals. This could be on purpose since the chronotyper is already for animals.

denpahg

Jul 29, 2019
You're right. Got it working with chronotyper and i tried using the mob router specifically for monsters just to see, and it works as intended. thanks for the help!!!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I didnt even realize the chronotyper did that! ill try it next
You might experience a problem with that setup. Once you teleport the baby animals over to the other pen(with the chronotyper), they will almost fanatically try and get back to their parents. Once enough babies get teleported over they will start pushing each other into the walls(fences). If a cow matures(becomes a full grown cow) while being glitched into the wall it might actually pop out the other side and into the parent pen. If you are using the Breeder this can prove catastrophically as it will escalate with more cows being bred producing more baby cows, causing more to glitch through etc. If you leave it unatended it might even eventually crash your game due to too many confined wall glitching mobs.

What you can do is try and either separate the the parent and babies further(use Conveyors after the Chronotyper) and have several block thick walls separating them. Or you can have the babies drop down into a pen directly below the parents in which case they will focus in directly in the middle of the pen(where they cannot wall glitch).

Examples:
Separation:
IqMDeU2.png

FJRqraA.png

Drop down:
6PUM4Ee.png