Misa500+FTB Unleashed texture pack!!

MrKrowely

Jul 29, 2019
i've searched a lot, and i've not come up with any one pack that fully supports all mods in the FTB list, much less, that look almost/exactly like misa's vanilla textures.

so, with Photoshop, and some creativity i've been working on just that, i've even tweeked a couple of things misa has done, mainly the netherack.

i've currently gotten most of the GUI's done, and to look like misa's, a large portion of the items done.

i copied over the soartex textures of the mods so that i have "templates" and names of what each image needs to be, so if you're a soartex fan you might see a few soartex textures here and there, i'm going to try and replace almost every soartex texture that doesn't "match" the misa realistic style, there in also, i've used a few texture from another one by Golrith, i don't plan on using a whole bunch from either of those, but it might be a few.

let me know what you think, what i should keep, what i should change, and how they look.

Thank you.

Kaivarri

Jul 29, 2019
Looking good so far, are you going to be posting this for download, or is this going to be going through Misa's page?

MrKrowely

Jul 29, 2019
i will be posting it for download here being that it is misa base but with full FTB support

FlipLucky

Jul 29, 2019
Looks awesome. When do you thhink you will have a download ready?( yeah, impatient answer...)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What textures you using from my pack? I've also noticed from your screenshots that you've used my Iron Chest textures. I've just realised that I shouldn't have included them in the download, as they use part of Battered Old Stuff texture along with Misa. Bill has asked me not to include any of his textures. I will need to remove them. When dealing with hundreds of images across many mods from many different sources in my personal pack, it's a bit difficult to remember what I can make available and what I shouldn't :D

Congrats on the GUIs, that's one area I don't touch. I much prefer the John Smith GUIs.

Trust me, this is not a easy undertaking, there's so many textures/mods. Concentrate on world gen first, then move on from there.

I might also borrow some of your textures too, when you release, credit given ofc :D

MrKrowely

Jul 29, 2019
np on borrowing textures, yea, the GUI's have been a pain, but easy to do, i made my own templates for the GUI's but it's the fact of there being so many, and spread out so much through all of the folders, the most textures of yours that iv'e used so far is some of the items, like the ingots, nuggets, and dust's, those are really nice, and match misa's really good. a lot of the items i will have to do my own of, and that is going to take a good bit, the past day or so now i've been working on the IC2 machines, i tried taking the easy way out on those and just use someone else textures, but nothing really matches misa's realistic style that much, so i'm trying to do them as black stainless steel, proven to be a little tedious so far. i did get the gears done the other day, and i LOVE what i've done with those. my favorites are the wooden and stone.

and if bill want's me to, i can redo the iron chest models, that's not that big of an issue or problem for me, i was thinking of redoing them anyways, and using misa's textures for diamond, iron, and gold blocks anyways. i might would still use his frames at least, or change the look of them a little if he doesn't mind.

Diamond

Wooden

Stone

Gold

Copper

Bronze

Invar

Iron

Silver

Tin

Steel

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Very nice. You'll have to double check how they look when at 64x size, some of that detail will be lost.

My attempts at machines haven't been too good (that's why I recommend Battered Old Stuff). Quite like my AE textures though. Currently working on a different set of textures for Stone, Cobblestone, and possibly all the ores (time for a change after all this time :D)

MrKrowely

Jul 29, 2019
my end goal is to have a misa "styled" texture pack with FULL mod support available on the launcher!

MrKrowely

Jul 29, 2019
if anyone would be interested in helping with some of the items, that would be great, specially being that there are SO MANY!!, right now the only thing that i request not to work on is the tinkers items, i have an idea and plan with the tinkers weapons. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
if anyone would be interested in helping with some of the items, that would be great, specially being that there are SO MANY!!, right now the only thing that i request not to work on is the tinkers items, i have an idea and plan with the tinkers weapons. :)

You might want to hold off on that. I think Tinkers Construct weapon textures overloads Optifine, as its more textures then what Optifine is expecting (for HD). Optifine for the CTM/Custom Colours/Mobs that misa's pack needs. Or, just concentrate on the more commonly used tools & materials.

I haven't done many items (I suck at them :p) but the TE coils, pulv'd ores, cable/duct/tess textures you can use mine.

That's a lofty goal, but if you want a scare, my texture pack folder contains over 9000 PNG image files, and that's not all textures! Quite a task :D

Edit: No part of Bills texture should be used at all. I inserted Misa's block textures into Bills chest frames. You'd have to do new frames.

MrKrowely

Jul 29, 2019
eh, i'm not using optifine or anything, i just put it in the textures folder and it loads plum fine, although i have a beastly computer with an amd phenom II quad core, gtx 250, and 12 gigs ram, so yea, i guess people could just disable some of the folders if they didn't want textures for them. like i said, so far, i'm loading misa's base, what i've added to misa's, some of yours, and soartex also, so almost everything has a texture, i think the file count is just over 10k atm. and currently under 500 megs

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, don't forget Misa's textures are designed with CTM and custom colours in mind, which you won't get without Optifine. In my personal tastes, I can't use the misa pack without CTM :D

PotatoLord

Jul 29, 2019
Wow this looks good. So, just wondering about how far done are you with this texture pack? Also, I really like how your chests came out. If you have the time could you post what mods you have finished and what isn't. Thanks and keep up the good work. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I actually made an account just to tell you how great this texture pack looks.

And to give you some motivation... Please get this done yesterday! (Insert non existent pleading face here)