Mining Laser Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xanderhunter

Jul 29, 2019
So after making the Rock Cutter and being fairly disappointed with it's low power I decided to make a mining laser. I can't seem to change the firing mode on it, M is what it was suppose to be but that is used by the Mini map, and even unbinding the M key and trying again doesn't work, so what is it suppose to be?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case it was the Minimap's M hotkey you tried rebinding, that doesn't work. You have to rebind the mode key instead.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing about rebinding, to get it work, but it helps if you assign another key for the minimap menu

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Just pause the game > options > controls > scroll down to Mode Switch Key and bind another key. It's not a solution, it's a workaround but hey, that was all I could come up with ;)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Without shift? Because then it's only the M key that needs the shift to turn modes
Yeah it's a bug, the M key is somehow reserved permanently for Rei's even if it's not using it. Better to rebind mode switch.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
A small comment to the OP:

The Rock Cutter is essentially a Silk Touch tool. That's its only purpose. If you're mining and want to bring back a diamong block as-is to your base, you can use this tool. No enchanting needed. Then your buddy with that fabulous Fortune III pickaxe can whack it into multiple diamonds for you.

Regarding the mode change, I bound mine to a different letter and it was fine. M doesn't work. Don't forget to right-click when holding the letter down too, by the way. That's what changes modes. Not just the key by itself.