Minetweaker/Modtweaker scripts

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I've been working on something for the last couple of days and now that its finished I figured I would share it with you. As the title suggests, its a set of scripts for Minetweaker. Mostly focused on the Modtweaker side of things as I only changed a few regular crafting table recipes. I've put a lot of thought into all of the changes Ive made.

In general, what they do is integrate two of my favorite mods, Tinkers Construct and Thermal Expansion. Also makes all TE recipes more complicated and expensive and introduces a much more stringent tech tree. Ive also added a new ore tripling system to Thermal Expansion that requires huge amounts of power. Ive broken each bit into separate scripts but I have designed them to be played together so that early on you have to use the smeltery to craft machine components until you work your way out of the stone age.

Now as for the specifics. The "TE gears" replaces recipes with new Tinker's Construct casting table recipes. Starting with copper, you must layer on molten tin, then iron, lead, silver, gold, bronze, invar all the way up to electrum. There are alternative crafting recipes for all of them requiring a fluid transposer and molten metal. The final three gears require an Induction smelter to craft. Also added ingot melting recipes to the magma crucible and changed names of items to stuff like iron-plated tin gear and renamed tinkers alloy and ferrous to bronze and nickel.

The "TE frames" script changes machine frame recipes in a similar way to the gears script. This time it uses the casting basin, not table. Just pour molten invar onto a block of tin, electrum, signalum or enderium. Optionally you can use molten steel which requires half as much. Forgot to add alternate recipes for the high tech age. Will do that soon.

The "TE machines" script replaces most machine recipes with much more expensive versions and if played alongside the other two scripts should enforce a tiered structure to when you can craft the machines. It should be impossible to craft the highest tier machine (the induction smelter) without first crafting a few other machines which in turn will require a bit of manual labor before you can start fully automating your gear manufacturing.

And finally just for fun theres the "Ore tripling" script which actually gives you back a tiny bit more than just triple the molten metal when you melt ores in the magma crucible. Which means there will always be some left over so it wont be super easy to automate. Also it costs an obscene amount of power. Also added a Fluid transposer recipe to turn the molten metal into dust by combining it with blocks of snow. Could just use the casting basin of course.

So anyway, heres the scripts if you are interested:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8majsatnkima9dk

PS: This is only phase one of my plan. Ive always craved a more unified experience. Next I plan on changing EnderIO recipes so that its more integrated with Thermal Expansion. Eventually I will unite all tech mods under one banner. Or two, since my scripts make progress in TE wholly dependent on Tinker's Construct. I will post them here when finished.

Last edited:

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Nice man, gonna browse through those TE-TiCo scripts to see how you did the gears. I don't think I would use the TE-EIO scripts myself since I prefer EIO to TE right now. Just personal preference, but your TE-TiCo scripts will help me figure out how to intergrate EIO-TiCo together. Thanks for the hard work :D

Reactions: epidemia78

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
So if I am reading this right everything revolves around copper gears as the main base gear? And you pour 576 units of tin to get a tin gear? than iron on tin.. so on so forth?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
That would get annoying very quickly.
To you maybe, but some people enjoy a progression based system that makes sense. If we could get someone to make an add on that has gears or the ability to add a gear cast that would be preferable really. But this system makes sense for a tightly integrated system based on TiCo.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
So if I am reading this right everything revolves around copper gears as the main base gear? And you pour 576 units of tin to get a tin gear? than iron on tin.. so on so forth?

Yes, thats four ingots worth.

That would get annoying very quickly.

Its not so bad, considering that most TE machines only require two gears. I did want to add another layer of "tedium" because its all way too easy, my chests are always full of ingots I never use. I chose liquids and casting tables because they give more visual feedback than a crafting table. And once you have the magma crucible and fluid transposer you wont need to do it manually anymore. Besides in practice all it really means is that you use your smeltery more often and leave it with various types of molten metal for when you need it.

To you maybe, but some people enjoy a progression based system that makes sense. If we could get someone to make an add on that has gears or the ability to add a gear cast that would be preferable really. But this system makes sense for a tightly integrated system based on TiCo.

I havent played a legit game with the scripts enabled yet but I think it will be fun.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Did a bit of math and to make one pulverizer you will need. 8 ingots of copper, tin, iron and gold for the gears plus 9 more tin and some steel for the casing. Hmm. I might have went a bit overboard, might scale down a bit. But then again, it wouldnt take long to gather all of that.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You should be using ore dictionary instead of <ThermalFoundation:material:x> wherever applicable. Do TiCo and TE recipes support this or does one have to use specific items?

Edit: For instance, this is bad:
Code:
recipes.addShaped(sawmill,
[[null, <minecraft:iron_axe>, null],
  [<minecraft:planks>, frame1, <minecraft:planks>],
  [gearsilver, coil1, gearsilver]]);
You should be using <ore: plankWood> instead of <minecraft: planks>
Else only oak wood planks can be used in this recipe.
Also <ore:blockGlass> instead of <minecraft:glass>,
<ore:ingotIron> instead of <minecraft:iron_ingot> etc.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You should be using ore dictionary instead of <ThermalFoundation:material:x> wherever applicable. Do TiCo and TE recipes support this or does one have to use specific items?

Edit: For instance, this is bad:
Code:
recipes.addShaped(sawmill,
[[null, <minecraft:iron_axe>, null],
  [<minecraft:planks>, frame1, <minecraft:planks>],
  [gearsilver, coil1, gearsilver]]);
You should be using <ore: plankWood> instead of <minecraft: planks>
Else only oak wood planks can be used in this recipe.
Also <ore:blockGlass> instead of <minecraft:glass>,
<ore:ingotIron> instead of <minecraft:iron_ingot> etc.

Hmm, you are probably right about that. That at least will be easy to fix. But theres something wrong with the machines script and I dont know if theres anything I can do about it. When I crafted the machines with the new recipes in my single player world, they came out with three 16k storage drives in the upgrade slots! I am so disappointed about that, it seems that you cant change machine recipes at all. I can try making the recipes unspecific about what machine frame it uses but I think the problem is beyond my control and has everything to do with how weirdly the machine recipes are handled in this version.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I also tried modifying machine repices once but I never looked into the augment slots lol

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
They are just empty when AE is not installed thats why I didnt notice until now. Thanks, AE.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I figured out the problem. Its apparently due to the fact that I had removed mods from the worlds I was doing the testing in. In a fresh world, the machines turn out correctly, with upgrades and everything.

I will submit the scripts to PhoenixConfigs like I promised as soon as I verify there are no more bugs.

Reactions: Padfoote

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been busy adding more things. I added a new method for making AE processors that involves use of the BC assembly table chipsets with molten metals fluid-transposed upon them, then induction smelted with some redstone. Ive always liked those lasers. Considered making low tech versions of the recipes using the casting table like I did with the gears but I think it makes more sense that AE require lots of tech.

Speaking of things from Buildcraft that I like: crude oil. I want it to be more important so theres a reason to go out and get some. Figured I would start with MFR and change it so plastic requires crude oil somehow. Oh and I like having refineries around too so maybe I can invent an alternative use for fuel aside from just power. Cant directly minetweak BC machines just yet otherwise I would most likely add lots of new refinery recipes. I can, however add recipes to railcraft stuff. I think the coke oven and blast furnace makes a nice compliment with a TC smeltery.

MarkesOrelies

Jul 29, 2019
Love the scripts man. Getting a lot of ideas and help from using and learning them, keep it up. (can't wait to see what you think of with railcraft)

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Ive been busy adding more things. I added a new method for making AE processors that involves use of the BC assembly table chipsets with molten metals fluid-transposed upon them, then induction smelted with some redstone. Ive always liked those lasers. Considered making low tech versions of the recipes using the casting table like I did with the gears but I think it makes more sense that AE require lots of tech.

Speaking of things from Buildcraft that I like: crude oil. I want it to be more important so theres a reason to go out and get some. Figured I would start with MFR and change it so plastic requires crude oil somehow. Oh and I like having refineries around too so maybe I can invent an alternative use for fuel aside from just power. Cant directly minetweak BC machines just yet otherwise I would most likely add lots of new refinery recipes. I can, however add recipes to railcraft stuff. I think the coke oven and blast furnace makes a nice compliment with a TC smeltery.

You could make it require buckets - those should return back to their empty state after crafting (if they don't, that's a bug).

Also, I fancy what you are doing a lot.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I need to look into the assembly table mechanics...but I do want to change the quarry for my pack to use iron/gold/diamond chipsets, a diamond miner from Progressive Automation and a few other bits.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback guys. Im doing this for myself but its nice to know other people are interested.

Im wavering on what would be better, making gears by pouring molten metal onto a stone gear, or if i should use the gear cast item I made with tabula rasa. Obviously the cast is the best option with the casting table but when it comes to using the fluid transposer, I dont think its possible to make it leave the cast inside.