Problem [Mindcrack][Twilight Forest] Major TPS lag in Twilight Forest?

kasper laursen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all.
Me and some friends have a private FTB mindcrack server.
We have recently started going to the twilight forest, and in doing that we experience some major lag.
On the server we have installed an mod, alowing us to type /TPS to se the Tick per second on the server i different dimensions. In any other dimension we have 20 TPS but in Twilight we only have about 0.40 to 3.0.

Is this an known problem, and what can we do to fix it ?

The server should be adle to keep up since we run on an dedicated server with 32GB ram, i7-2600 Quadcore processor, and 100MBit connection, hosted at Hetzner.de.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight forest is very CPU intensive due to all the content it needs to load/render. The result is it can cause server and client lag. Due to the limitation on how minecraft uses cpu threads, there's not much that can be done as I see you're clock speed is 3.8ghz.

To limit i advise visiting the twilight in a group and staying together, certainly don't run off in different direction.

Also in might be more laggy if its new, rendering the chunks a fresh can be very hard for a server, specially if people are zipping in it gravisuit or powersuits, minecraft isn't designed to render a fresh chunks this fast, let alone the twilight with all its content. To get around this, use world border in essentials and the fill when noone is on the server.