20brogan

Jul 29, 2019
A small starting area for just starting Mindcrack pack
- Only works on Mindcrack/ Not tested on any other packs
Features
- Starting house
- IC2 starters
- Quarry
- Forestry farm (most parts included ;D)

Map Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?iruui3w1u2pp5hw

b5M4p2i.png

SYM6Vzz.png

Note: Open to any constructive criticism

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Instead of the quarry, maybe a solar mining turtle with a gem (ruby/sapphire) pick? the quarry seems like a bit too much for starting off, as it is a very expensive block. The mining turtle would be able to do something similar, but is in fact much cheaper and not too useful seeing that it cannot mine obsidian. The solar panel both removes reliance on fuel and disallows the addition of a more useful upgrade.

That's just a suggestion, though. It's your map.

20brogan

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of the quarry, maybe a solar mining turtle with a gem (ruby/sapphire) pick? the quarry seems like a bit too much for starting off, as it is a very expensive block. The mining turtle would be able to do something similar, but is in fact much cheaper and not too useful seeing that it cannot mine obsidian. The solar panel both removes reliance on fuel and disallows the addition of a more useful upgrade.

That's just a suggestion, though. It's your map.
Actually the mining turtle would be more useful as it helps get more ores and can be used for more than one purpose. All that's needed is a program and the turtle could become 3x more useful than it was intended to be. I know your a pro map maker and all, but really a turtle would just be too useful.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Actually the mining turtle would be more useful as it helps get more ores and can be used for more than one purpose. All that's needed is a program and the turtle could become 3x more useful than it was intended to be. I know your a pro map maker and all, but really a turtle would just be too useful.
yes, but it is easy to get a mining turtle without the solar panel. Redpower gems are easy to get, and the other ingredients are redstone and iron, making it rather easy to make. I would still block off the upgrade slot, maybe with a crafting module? and fit it up with a bit of fuel to start off with.

and by the way, you can get 3 mining turtles in that one quarry dig if you run into enough redpower gems (which shouldn't be too hard)

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
well if the turtle can be used for other stuff maybe just get from steve cart a mining cart / track remover if u like. and add them.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
well if the turtle can be used for other stuff maybe just get from steve cart a mining cart / track remover if u like. and add them.
yes, a turtle has limitless possibilities, but my point was they're so cheap that providing one of them would be great for a starter map.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
true too, its not really hard to make a turtle, i think they should make new recipe for turtles anyways , u can do so much and cost pretty much nothing compared to what you get