Mac Mindcrack pack frequently crashing in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
This is related to playing mindcrack on a mac, as on the server I play on, everybody else has a Windows machine and it doesn't crash anywhere near as much.

Currently my client is crashing seemingly randomly about every 10-20 minutes of game play, but the odd thing about it is it gives no errors. In the console, it will only show the loading messages from logging into the server, and then at the time of the crash, it simply says "Stopping..". After this point, my client will freeze up, and then it will go to a black screen, presumably attempting to go to the main menu, however it then proceeds to freeze on that screen, and I have to crash stop the client through the activity monitor.

It started happening frequently after installing the mystcraft v0.10.0 to the server ontop of mindcrack v8.0.1, but occured in the same manner probably once every hour or two hours beforehand. So I am wondering if anybody knows of a patch, or if this is happening to other people?

IHaveOneIQ

Jul 29, 2019
This has been happening to me as well, and is really annoying due to having to force quit all the time as an only option (same as yourself). I have been looking online but this is the only thread that is the same issue as myself.

I am working off a Mac and allocating 5gb ram...
Tried reinstalling everything, working without optifine and texturepacks. Same issues. Different RAM setups varying from 1gb to 6gb allocated, no change.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that, I'm currently testing out this

I will report back in a day or so if it works, but it has definitely decreased the crashes in the last hour to none.

I will re-post the fix here if it doesn't crash for a full day

ChrisB

Jul 29, 2019
im running the direwolf20. After the update the other day mine freezes as well. I get the shutting down internal server msg. Never had any problems before the update.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how to quote or to reference the threads properly in this forum, so here it is typed out

But from the thread that was linked by Yusunoha at the top there, I got the fix for this problem, Haven't had a crash for two days now, while beforehand I would crash once an hour at best.

Basically, open your launcher
>options tab
>advanced options
in the additional java parameters box, enter:
Code:
-XX:PermSize=128m

Now launch your game as normal

It seems to have worked for me, so I would imagine for you guys it would help out

Status
Not open for further replies.