MFR Sludge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Void pipe?

Blackfilled decorative cheap alternative waterproof pipe decal?

Also, do you have to pump it out or will the harvester continue to function even if its full? I don't really care to have that annoying machine running.... Sludge processor? Sludge something?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Also, do you have to pump it out or will the harvester continue to function even if its full? I don't really care to have that annoying machine running.... Sludge processor? Sludge something?
Sludge Boiler I believe

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
short and simple no.. the harvester will still continue to operate even with full sludge

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well the issue is mainly, do I really care about the random dirt/clay/sand/soul sand that I can get, for all that pipe and that hazardous machine. I tend to run around and check up on every process multiple times in my rounds when I'm efficiency tweeking my system.

It would be hella annoying for the primary energy source primary stage to be so... annoying

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I leave it in the machine. It doesn't affect the operation, so why bother doing anything with it?

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Straight into an ender tank, shared by all farms, into a boiler.
All that peat, sand, mycelium, and
mud
well at least I can have an ugly brown room before 1.6

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Straight into an ender tank, shared by all farms, into a boiler.
All that peat, sand, mycelium, and
mud
well at least I can have an ugly brown room before 1.6
Lol. Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care to get those randoms....

Though I do have something like 64 harvesters on my tree farm right now... I could add up to like enough soul sand to make one soul shard after a couple days you know?

I feel like they should make it into something you can refine further, then into something useful. Hearing about turning animal waste into fertilizer in some mod packs in another thread, that's one idea.

It's so pointless and they don't even make you deal with it, since harvesters function even when it's full. It's not like creosote oil, which you have to take care of in some form.

If it takes up memory somehow.... Other than to keep track of what's in the harvester. It's just a nuisance factor I feel... Even sludge boilers are a pain.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like they should make it into something you can refine further, then into something useful. Hearing about turning animal waste into fertilizer in some mod packs in another thread, that's one idea.

MFR does that. You use the sewage collectors and composer to make your animals make fertilizer. So it would not make sense for your sludge to also do that. Sewage and Sludge are both form MFR.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Why not though? Sludge is legitimately a nuisance parameter.

Because not everything needs to be overly useful. It is a nuisance with a small use that literally will effect you in no way unless you chose to let it effect you.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a change, as insignificant as it is. The extra challenge would be awesome. Making the effort at least worth it would be nice as well. Management of input/output, especially when you are limited to 6 sides of a cube, in a factory system, where you have to worry about power as well...

It's just nice to have to deal with a lot more things and have a better reward than a hazard, lol.

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
hey the soul sand alone could be useful if you centrifuge it to oil and process it you can still net a profit in terms of eu, if you power it solely off of its self just a heads up.. practicle no but hey its somthing lol

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, I'm just bitching about antics and the purpose of this feature. It really is useless and could be changed to provide some sort of functionality, adding to the challenge in using the harvester. Also making us have to deal with it, would probably take some load off my bitchiness.

Just how I am, just how I am. If I don't have to deal with it, but its there, I want to deal with it, but it's such a pain, but I want to deal with it, but I don't want to deal with it, but it's there, though I don't have to deal with it, but that's what makes me want to deal with it, you know?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The clay is pretty useful as well. I've been running mine for about half a day, and only got 2 pieces of soul sand (one of those were the very first block I got). I've gotten about a stack and a half of clay, so not too bad. It's too bad there isn't a block deployer in 1.5.2. I could use a way to automate the conversion of those mud blocks into mud bricks. I actually kinda like the look of it.

I can process most of the materials from the sludge boiler, but at a loss on what to do with the quicksand. Mob trap?[DOUBLEPOST=1372997470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Meh, I'm just bitching about antics and the purpose of this feature. It really is useless and could be changed to provide some sort of functionality, adding to the challenge in using the harvester. Also making us have to deal with it, would probably take some load off my bitchiness.

Just how I am, just how I am. If I don't have to deal with it, but its there, I want to deal with it, but it's such a pain, but I want to deal with it, but I don't want to deal with it, but it's there, though I don't have to deal with it, but that's what makes me want to deal with it, you know?

I read a post (video?) that powercrystals made recently, and he specifically said that he didn't make the sludge something that you had to deal with unless you want to. MFR is supposed to be fun, and he balances it by the power requirements. It's only with nether ores that he said he wants to be a pain in the A**.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, fun for me is precisely what I stated. The challenge in overcoming problems or simply, problem solving.

I am also an engineering student, so this is kinda my creed.

Reactions: netmc

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Then overcome your problem with sludge. There does not need a large pay off if the fun you are getting is form the problem solving and not the end result.

It has it uses I tend to run it for the clay, soul sand, and quicksand. They are to me just side benefits I get form the farm system.

You want something useless to pick on pink slime is only good until you get the pink slime balls for a laser drill and then it is just waste.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
You can just liquiduct the sludge away from the harvester. The harvester autoejects into the liquiducts too. You can handle hook up a harvester to item pipes, power and redstone and still have sides to remove the sludge from. When you get one you will probably not have to go digging in lakes to get clay ever again. The sludge boiler is not that useful but it removes one of the most annoying aspects of vanilla. Also, if you are running forestry farms it helps to have renewable dirt that doesn't require quarrying. I didn't know you centrifuge soul sand like that I will do it. (It sort of makes me think of that episode of futurama when the oil runs out so he waits for his friends to turn into oil - only because the soul sand has creepy faces on it).

Reactions: CraftsmanChris