MFR Planter (Unleashed mod Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am using it as a rubber farm at the moment. When a tree grows it sometimes up roots the saplings around
the tree when it grows, and the saplings just sits there and waste away. Not a problem with a rubber tree farm
since all i want is the rubber. I am about to swap it over to a oak tree farm to produce ethanol, so i need
every sapling i can get. What is best way to collect those fallen saplings.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
The mfr treefarm does not drop sappling or apple, it automatic collected by the harvester

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I am using it as a rubber farm at the moment. When a tree grows it sometimes up roots the saplings around
the tree when it grows, and the saplings just sits there and waste away. Not a problem with a rubber tree farm
since all i want is the rubber. I am about to swap it over to a oak tree farm to produce ethanol, so i need
every sapling i can get. What is best way to collect those fallen saplings.

Light up the area better so they don't uproot.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i have a 11x11 max size farm. where should i place the torches? every 8 blocks?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Ideally the lighting level at the block above where the sapling is placed (i.e. the space the sapling occupies itself) should be as high as possible. The best lightning would be to have a torch right next to the sapling.

If you are using an MFR tree farm, unfertilized, you will have to compromise between lighting and growing space. Two things:

(1) If you are playing 1.4.7 and have Xycraft, I think Xychorium soil is transparent, so you can place the lighting under the blocks.

(2) You may find the best arrangement yourself of putting a lighting block in the center of every 3x3 square or 5x5 square, something to that extent.

If you are using an MFR tree farm, fertilized, then you don't really need to worry about growing space at all. For me, my tree farm is located outdoors. I don't need to worry too much about lighting. Most of my MFR modules are 3x3 harvester/planter combos with torches on the edge.

efd3mMr.jpg

J01bfEL.jpg