MFR Laser Dill with Focus

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

I having a Major Tin sortage, so I was looking at the Laser Focus for the MFR Laser Dill. I am not sure how these work. I was looking on the http://ftbwiki.org/Laser_Drill and I couldn't find how the laser focus work. I belive they just increase the % chance of getting that type of item. So if I load up my laser dill with light gray Focus I should get nothing but Tin ore?

If there is already a thread on this topic, can you point me to that thread.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

I having a Major Tin sortage, so I was looking at the Laser Focus for the MFR Laser Dill. I am not sure how these work. I was looking on the http://ftbwiki.org/Laser_Drill and I couldn't find how the laser focus work. I belive they just increase the % chance of getting that type of item. So if I load up my laser dill with light gray Focus I should get nothing but Tin ore?

If there is already a thread on this topic, can you point me to that thread.

It increases the % chance of a type of ore yes, but that doesn't mean that you'll get nothing but that ore. Just because something is more likely doesn't mean it's the only thing to happen. If I roll a pair of die, it's more likely I'll get 6, 7, or 8, but that doesn't mean I can't get 2 either.

Reactions: BaxtorUK

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
that's it, in the long run, it will yeld you more tin than other materials , but not only tin
Of course, the more laser foci you put, the better is the chance to get tin, but never 100%

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
that's it, in the long run, it will yeld you more tin than other materials , but not only tin
Of course, the more laser foci you put, the better is the chance to get tin, but never 100%
Do the effect of several identical foci actually stack? Have looked around a lot for that information, but with no luck.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
They stack, yes. However, I'm not sure if it's linear or diminishing returns.

In my last world, I had 2 MFR lasers, fed with 400MJ/t each (full power), and I would swap the foci. Sometimes, I needed iron, sometime copper, sometimes tin. However, I would only need to leave the full foci in my lasers for maybe a real-life day or so before I accumulated thousands of the metal (when processed though standard ore doubling mechanisms) I was looking for.

I forget the focused-to-non-focused ratio I was extracting, but it more than satisfied my demands.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I put 6 light gray focus in the MFR laser (one in each slot) and after a day real-life i now have just over 200 tin. I going to leave them go a bit to catch back up to my other metals.

I was told that each precharger could only take upto 100MJ is this correct?

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I put 6 light gray focus in the MFR laser (one in each slot) and after a day real-life i now have just over 200 tin. I going to leave them go a bit to catch back up to my other metals.

100MJ/t is the most I could get each precharger to accept (take) in 1.5.2 Unleashed 1.1.3 .

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I think it may have changed recently, but I was unable to fully charge the pre-chargers with only MJ. I tried adding extra conduits etc, but it didn't work. I needed to hook up some EU as well (at the same time) to get the power bars to stay full at all times.

Reactions: MigukNamja