MFR harvester in TC3 magic forest = OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to google this and there is no much topic about this. I think it's funny.

I believe there is a bug in the mfr harvester that cause him to detect the entire thaumcraft magic forest as 1 single giant tree. If one of the tree inside his radius hit the leaves of the forest, it spread like wild fire and proceed to cut the entire biome.

To the left, my 11x11 platinum upgraded harvester.
Far in the horizon, the remaining of a defunct magic forest. Yeah, much more like magical plain. XD.

Attachments

• 2014-04-30_17.58.13.jpg
    2014-04-30_17.58.13.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 123

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to google this and there is no much topic about this. I think it's funny.

I believe there is a bug in the mfr harvester that cause him to detect the entire thaumcraft magic forest as 1 single giant tree. If one of the tree inside his radius hit the leaves of the forest, it spread like wild fire and proceed to cut the entire biome.

To the left, my 11x11 platinum upgraded harvester.
Far in the horizon, the remaining of a defunct magic forest. Yeah, much more like magical plain. XD.
Nit a bug, it is a part of hiw the harvester is coded, it is nit designed for that

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I now got 130 extra stack of oak wood. If it's not a bug, it's either a flaw in the harvester logic or a balance issue...

The irony here, is that I made this new game to try to run exclussively on destabilized restone via extra util generators. So I have no use of all those logs...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well, I now got 130 extra stack of oak wood. If it's not a bug, it's either a flaw in the harvester logic or a balance issue...

The way I understand the harvester is that it finds a tree and searches for any connected leaves and cuts them down, as well as anything that could be considered part of that tree. So, not a flaw or a balance issue.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
no hes right...its the way the harvester is setup through the configs

in config/powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/common.cfg, look for SearchLimit.TreeMaxHorizontal and .TreeMaxVertical
i found the initial values were ridiculously high (like 200 and 256), these control how far out and up a harvester will look for connected leaves/logs

i do 20 for max horizontal and 64 for vertical, just right for a highlands redwood or a tall jungle tree