MFR Crash

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I'm putting together a modpack mixture, basically a MagiTech modpack. I have taken the new TechWorld 2 pack and added in a bunch of magic mods plus some others. Aside from a couple of ID conflicts all seemed to be working all good.

For completeness here is the added mods not in FTB 1.6.4 packs: Chisel, Carpenter's Blocks, Binnie's Mods, Dartcraft, Galacticraft, UE Core, Gravisuite. The rest is a mash between TechWorld 2 and Horizons mainly with one or two mods taken from Magic Farm 2 and Direwolf 20 pack.

Fast forward 30 mins and I've come across two problems. First off, in places I'm seeing a pink and black square that I assume was supposed to be some kind of ore but it has no tags in Waila or NEI. I'm totally stumped which mod is causing this but it might be metallurgy. Second, if I go looking through NEI I get a crash at around the MFR section, here is the log for that: http://pastebin.com/JQ8G1zu6.

I am guessing it's some underlying compatibility issue somewhere but I have no idea where. While I realize this is technically unsupported, perhaps someone here knows what is going wrong here.

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I believe Binnie's mods are not working correctly and the download for them is for 1.6.2 unless there are beta versions around. I have found a github post here which mentions Ender IO crash that turns out it was natura causing the crash so it might be a case of trial and error to get the culprit.

I would start by adding the mods one at a time and checking nei then rinse and repeat till you find the culprit. I myself added minefactory reload to the direwolf20 pack but when it updated to 1.0.4 it was added also but with a newer version than I had added myself. Make sure to try that version out and not one you have downloaded from the mfr site.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Binnie's mods are not working correctly and the download for them is for 1.6.2 unless there are beta versions around. I have found a github post here which mentions Ender IO crash that turns out it was natura causing the crash so it might be a case of trial and error to get the culprit.

I would start by adding the mods one at a time and checking nei then rinse and repeat till you find the culprit. I myself added minefactory reload to the direwolf20 pack but when it updated to 1.0.4 it was added also but with a newer version than I had added myself. Make sure to try that version out and not one you have downloaded from the mfr site.

The Binnie's mod version I am using works fine in the DW20 pack, I don't have Natura installed. I also have the latest version of MFR that was supplied in the Tech World 2 pack. I have however found the culprit for the crash and it is Artifice. Removing it fixed the crash.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The Binnie's mod version I am using works fine in the DW20 pack, I don't have Natura installed. I also have the latest version of MFR that was supplied in the Tech World 2 pack. I have however found the culprit for the crash and it is Artifice. Removing it fixed the crash.

I am not sure why the Binnie's mods were not included in the packs. I read in the another thread that there was problems with it but I am not sure. I am a bit puzzled as to why it is not in the dw20 pack but, i assume there must be a reason.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard Binnie was m.i.a. and there is currently a worldcorrupting bug in the mod. That's why they don't include it in the packs.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure why the Binnie's mods were not included in the packs. I read in the another thread that there was problems with it but I am not sure. I am a bit puzzled as to why it is not in the dw20 pack but, i assume there must be a reason.

Yeah it can destroy worlds, I have it in solely for worldgen purposes for when (hopefully) it gets updated.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Still seeing the purple and black squares however but the world seems stableish. The squares are spawning above 128 and since I am using ATG I see them a bit. If you smack them with anything they just vanish so I'm not sure what is causing them or why.