Melee weapons with AoE damage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there are any other weapons out there besides the Sword of the Zephyr or Awakened Ichorium Sword from Thaumcraft that do decent amounts of AoE damage?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The Scythe from Tinker's Construct does AoE damage, though I doubt as much as ichorium.

it's decent for mobs with normal health, might take a few hits more with the harder to kill mobs, but as ljfa mentioned you can add modifiers to the scythe and increase the damage.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Scythes are of course far, FAR cheaper to make, though as I said they have less damage than an awakened ichorium sword, as most things do.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Awakened Ichorium Sword deals what, 7 Damage unenchanted? I have a scythe with Looting III that one shots mobs.

Eleganten

Jul 29, 2019
Well, TiCo uses Quartz for damage, and with added modifiers (Gold block + Diamond) you can add a lot of them, and ending up with a very powerful Scythe.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_denmark_251 using Tapatalk

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
@Mysticmage11 without adding any nether quartz?
depends on which material was used
He's one-shotting most mobs. Please share the material which allows this without quartz, I'd rather like to use it!
Well, It's Manylluyn Scythe Head, and the rest paper. It has 450 Lapis, and I beilive it has Nether Star, Gapple, Diamond/gold modifier upgrades, all of which are quartz.
Oh, and it's auto-repair.