MCedit on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LordFlange1885

Jul 29, 2019
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

ive just downloaded MCedit and i want to use it on FTB but i dont know how to get it to work, it works through normal MC but ive got a big build on FTB and i need to clear a lot of space and thought i could use MCedit as ive heard a lot of people go on about how useful it is for big builds etc. ive been suggested Quarry's and Fillers but ive really no idea how to work machines or anything like that, i just enjoy building.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

kla_sch

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean with "clear a lot of space"?
Reset (remove) some chunks?
In this case you can simply copy the world to the vanilla minecraft save folder, start MCedit, remove the chunks and copy it back into it's original location (make a backup first).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What do you mean with "clear a lot of space"?
Reset (remove) some chunks?
In this case you can simply copy the world to the vanilla minecraft save folder, start MCedit, remove the chunks and copy it back into it's original location (make a backup first).

He means level the area like a quarry or filler will do, not remove chunks.

LordFlange1885

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i basically just want to be able to clear large areas, hills, trees what ever's in my way really. im not very good when it come's to technical stuff but im not a bad builder so just trying to figure out ways i can do bigger builds without it taking over my entire life by just clearing areas.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There's a certain point where MC edit worked with Mods. I can assure you that the latest versions of MCEdit will work however while it wont corrupt mod blocks like it used to they wont display properly.

That being said I will also inform you that WorldEdit/ WorldEditWrapper (asub mod that lets WE work in SP) also works with mods, it can even place blocks if you know their block ID or registered block name.
Only thing is I don't know is how you go about adding liteLoader to FTB, MultiMC has a built in installer for liteLoader so I didn't have to think about how to do it manually.
Only problem with WorldEdit is that it has a lot of commands to remember but if you use //wand you can designate an area pretty well, this is made easier with another liteLoader mod WECUI (WorldEdit CUI) as it lets you see your selections.

LordFlange1885

Jul 29, 2019
There's a certain point where MC edit worked with Mods. I can assure you that the latest versions of MCEdit will work however while it wont corrupt mod blocks like it used to they wont display properly.

That being said I will also inform you that WorldEdit/ WorldEditWrapper (asub mod that lets WE work in SP) also works with mods, it can even place blocks if you know their block ID or registered block name.
Only thing is I don't know is how you go about adding liteLoader to FTB, MultiMC has a built in installer for liteLoader so I didn't have to think about how to do it manually.
Only problem with WorldEdit is that it has a lot of commands to remember but if you use //wand you can designate an area pretty well, this is made easier with another liteLoader mod WECUI (WorldEdit CUI) as it lets you see your selections.

you've just spewed out a crap load of stuff and my brain just exploded, ive never used any world edit programs before let alone know the intricate details of how MC or mods work. it's been a long time since ive used FTB let alone minecraft its self, so all this is rather new to me.

all i want is just to be able to clear/flatten a large area of blocks so i can start building (hence why i asked how to get MC Edit to work on FTB), it all sounds so very complicated and rather confusing and to be honest most of what you said to me made very little sense as ive never heard of the programs/mods your referring too.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Have you even mentioned exactly how much "flat" space you want to make? If it's less than 100x100 blocks, a Quarry or Buildcraft Filler with a creative energy cell would take care of that in no time. Look on youtube for a buildcraft tutorial on using the Filler.

If you need 1000x1000, try creating a flat world if you're just in it for the building. You do that from the MC menu when you create the world.

I think in mcedit you could select a few waypoints and have it delete all the blocks in the area, if you have a world you already want to work in. Check for youtube vids for using mcedit as well probably.

Exploring the quarry/filler suggestion would have taken less time than all the posts you have made.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019

There are forge version of WorldEdit http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225608-worldedit you don't need liteloader or WorldEditWrapper