MCEdit Alternative to Move Base

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure everyone knows MCEdit murders mod blocks that have ids it doesn't like, but I need to move my base onto another world. Does anyone know an alternative that I could use to sort of copy paste my base into another save? Thanks in advance.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
If you move your stuff into a mystcraft world and then more that mystcraft data to your other world you should be able to go there and access your stuff, as for just flat out copying your base into another world I don't know of a way personally.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
The most annoying thing about MCEdit is I remember the days when it DIDN'T murder mod blocks, and you could use it with basically any mod with new blocks because it would just show a default unknown block and keep it connected to the block ID.

Reactions: Grovert11

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
The most annoying thing about MCEdit is I remember the days when it DIDN'T murder mod blocks, and you could use it with basically any mod with new blocks because it would just show a default unknown block and keep it connected to the block ID.

I remember. I did it once. Back in the day before BetterThanWolves butchered its forge support purely because he dislikes Eloraam for some reason.

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting idea with the mystcraft stuff. I think I may just do that and reconstruct the buildings in the new world. Thanks for your help!

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i remember the old times too. Don't know why the support for extra block IDs was dropped but it is sad.
If i am right MCEdit switched to open source when the anvil map format hit Minecraft because the original author did not want to support it further.
So maybe a more talented person than i am could create a fork with mod support some time.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly offtopic but anyone know why FlowerChild dislikes Elo. Elo's awesome, partially because, in the words of florastar, "WHY DOES ELO MAKE EVERYTHING SO SEXY!"

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
Flowerchild did not like the way Forge became more than an API, thinking Forge should do as little as possible. He dislikes Eloraam because they disagreed on many things, mainly the previous point. This disagreement led to him finding everything about Eloraam as bad. But discussing this is probably the quickest way to get the thread locked.

Reactions: Grovert11