Max MJ's Per Tick for a Quarry?

Jemjem787

Jul 29, 2019
I want to hook up my redstone energy cell to my quarry, and i am wondering what the max MJ is so i can change the output accordingly.

Also is there a change in efficiency? Like just say 20mj's mine one block, and i am getting 20mj's a tick. Would it be the same ratio (4 blocks per tick) if i am using 80mj's a tick?

Jemjem787

Jul 29, 2019
So just say i put it on 50MJ, will it release the 50J to a quarry and lose the 2 MJ? or will it only use 48MJ and keep the 2MJ in the energy cell?

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
So just say i put it on 50MJ, will it release the 50J to a quarry and lose the 2 MJ? or will it only use 48MJ and keep the 2MJ in the energy cell?
If you use Energy Conduits you won't lose those 2 per tick (you still lose 5% though for using conduits)

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Right, about that...
If you're using conductive pipes, be aware that they no longer 'lose' excess energy. Instead, that little blue line inside the pipe will get wider and wider until the pipe explodes.
Just use a conduit.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
48MJ as i know, so 50 with a redstone energy cell.

You can set it to 1MJ increments by right-clicking the + / - buttons. So you could set it to 48. With the 5% loss you're better off setting it to 50 though because you'd end up with 47.5MJ/t.

MapleBar

Jul 29, 2019
So ye sit can go very fast but 7 Mj/t is the most energy efficient.

yeah but thats lame, putting OC upgrades in advanced machines uses more total energy too but who wants to sit around and let a quarry take its sweet ass time just to save a little energy.

If I'm really in a hurry, I'll lay out a grid of RP transposers and a BC filler set to clear or flatten at bedrock and strip mine at ridiculous speeds

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but thats lame, putting OC upgrades in advanced machines uses more total energy too but who wants to sit around and let a quarry take its sweet ass time just to save a little energy.

If I'm really in a hurry, I'll lay out a grid of RP transposers and a BC filler set to clear or flatten at bedrock and strip mine at ridiculous speeds
Not in the next version of BC you won't be......the unintended use of Fillers as a mass mining tool is fixed, they start at the top and all drops last one second.

MapleBar

Jul 29, 2019
Not in the next version of BC you won't be......the unintended use of Fillers as a mass mining tool is fixed, they start at the top and all drops last one second.

yeah I heard as much, but I also saw that that option is configurable (theres already a config option in BC for how long drops will last so it may or may not be part of it), and I for one will configure the hell out of it. Also, I guess I could still grab a couple forestry mining backpacks and run around picking up ores and such. I'd lose all the cobble but tbh I almost always have way more than I need. Its a little bit more work but for how fast fillers clear out I don't think I'll mind

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be funny to allow the quarry to go at unlimited speeds. It would be really funny to hook up 5 energy cells set to output 100 MJ/t and see the quarry do a 64x64 in less than an hour.

Try building a sorting system that can handle THAT.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
As I've said before, this will just mean that people won't use fillers, even for their intended purpose.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the Wolfling. Now everyone will be pushed to turtles for clearing out space for their caves.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the Wolfling. Now everyone will be pushed to turtles for clearing out space for their caves.

Clearing out space and mining out space are two different things. At least that is the intention of the mod author, and why he changed the filler accordingly. Use the filler to clear landscape you don't care about resource-wise, or use it to ... fill. No one is pushed to anything as much as pulled back to 'working-as-intended-land'.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
try reading the post you're quoting. He said he'd be laying out transposers, which will pick up all those loose blocks as fast as the filler drops it.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
try reading the post you're quoting. He said he'd be laying out transposers, which will pick up all those loose blocks as fast as the filler drops it.
Try reading the post you're quoting......

Though for those of you who still must use Fillers as a mass mining tool Xeno's Reliquary has you covered the Coin of Fortune will allow you to instantly pick up all drops in a fairly small area admittedly (think it's about 5x5 or around reach range anyways) so just set up a small filler and stand in the middle, of course you may end up immolating but what is a game without a little risk..... :D

Usual disclaimer though, this unintended exploitation of cross mod oddities may have seriously ill effects and it's not my fault .

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Clearing out space and mining out space are two different things. At least that is the intention of the mod author, and why he changed the filler accordingly. Use the filler to clear landscape you don't care about resource-wise, or use it to ... fill. No one is pushed to anything as much as pulled back to 'working-as-intended-land'.
As I have said before, I have tried disabling filler drops before, and found that what happens is that people don't use fillers, period. They don't just just use it for the intended purpose, they don't use them at all.

There is no landscape that people don't care about resource-wise, really.