1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Massive ore cluster under hot spring biome

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Neoxon, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Neoxon

Neoxon Active Member

It seem like iron ore cluster spawn in chunks of 12 o_O, is this part of biome o plenty or is my config wrong?

Attached Files:

2. Skyqula

Skyqula Well-Known Member

Probably just a double cluster, happens with all ores every know and then :)

RedBoss likes this.
  3. Neoxon

Neoxon Active Member

it not double cluster, it everywhere in this biome, some in the ground above, and weirdly some grass block in the cave

4. Blastedsura

Blastedsura Active Member

I've been finding alot more ores beneath BoP biomes, could just be a coincidence though.

5. Loufmier

Loufmier Forum Addict

OP!! OP!! OP!! OP!! OP!! OP!! OP!! OP!! OP!! OP!!
    NERF!! NERF!! NERF!! NERF!! NERF!! NERF!! NERF!!

6. Neoxon

Neoxon Active Member

turn out i'm using unbalanced ftb config i think lol

7. Blastedsura

Blastedsura Active Member

I didn't change anything in the config

8. Neoxon

Neoxon Active Member

is there a way to regenerated ore?

9. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta Wiki Steam Witch Wiki Staff FTB Mod Dev ModMyMC Editor

Load new chunks, or create a new world.

10. xXShadowOo

xXShadowOo Member

I was finding diamonds in clusters with at least 6 in them under biomes o plenty's biomes caves, and they were all over the place.

Might be a coincidence though.

11. MajPayne21

MajPayne21 Well-Known Member

Ore gen is different per BoP biome, as far as I know. That is, certain ores are rarer/more common depending on which biome you're in.

I know we have also found some very large iron deposits under our Lush Swamp. Iron may be more common across the board.

For what it's worth, if iron is more common and the veins are larger, it increases the chance that you will find 2 veins touching each other, leading you to believe the vein size is massive. We have found many 10-20 block veins and a few 'super' veins that are clearly multiple merged veins. I think our best was around 32 in one vein.

A good giveaway that you found multiple veins is an exceptionally large deposit that is only touching at one face near the middle. That indicates two veins that just happen to touch on the edges of each. It's not always the case, but our largest hauls are usually like that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

12. Droideka30

Droideka30 Active Member

I found about a stack of iron from mining three veins.