Making a Server for FTB Direwolf20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PontiacGTP99

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, I just want to start off by saying now, thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and actually help me.

I want to create a server for me and my friend to play on who lives in Texas, I in Minnesota, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have watched so many youtube videos and tried to research how to do this but I just cannot figure out how to make a server for Feed the Beast that I can make an IP address and connect to it. It never finds it. If there is anyone out there who could help me with exact step by step directions I'd SINCERELY appreciate it. I'm no dummy I just need the help. I can skype chat with someone if that would be easier then typing everything out, or if someone already has/ has found a nice video on youtube or possibly on here, let me know to watch it, again I seriously would appreciate it. my skype username is : thegrandprixguy

I'll be up for probably another 2/3 hours so if your willing to help me please shoot me a request on skype or message me on here or even Facebook: That'd probably be 2nd fastest so I can get the response quicker, that or if your willing to post the response on here, just messaging me on facebook allowing me to know you replied faster. Thanks everyone!

Facebook--- https://www.facebook.com/ThielsLife

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, presuming that you want a dedicated server, and that the machine is remote (I.e. you don't have physical access), the steps are:
1. Open up the launcher and highlight the DW20 pack.
2. Click the "Download Server" button.
3. Transfer those files to the server and extract them (you can either extract them first, or move them first, which ever is easier).
4. Run the startup script (ServerStart.bat or .sh)

If the server runs Linux, then you'll want to start a screen (screen -S dw20) first, to keep it running when you disconnect. If you're running a hosted server, you need to point them towards the jar file, according to their own docs.

PontiacGTP99

Jul 29, 2019
What is the location of the server file that your talking about?
And also after clicking on the server.bat file no windows popped up.

Also every time after I save and quit the game it always says, "shutting down internal servers" could that be any relating issue?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
What is the location of the server file that your talking about?
The place to download the server files is in the launcher. There is the filter button, then the "Edit Mod Pack" button, then the "Download server" button, next to the drop down to select your version.
And also after clicking on the server.bat file no windows popped up.
I believe that the file is in the dedicated server files, and should be called "ServerStart.bat". There should be a similar one called "ServerStart.sh" for linux servers.
Also every time after I save and quit the game it always says, "shutting down internal servers" could that be any relating issue?
his
This relates to the fact that, after MC 1.3, all Minecraft clients run a server in the background, and connect to that. This allows you to open your session up to the local network for your friends to play. You can open this through your router to your friend, but it isn't reccomended.

It's probably best to go through this step by step. Have you managed to download the server files?

PontiacGTP99

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that the file is in the dedicated server files, and should be called "ServerStart.bat". There should be a similar one called "ServerStart.sh" for linux servers.
Found the download server files but when we open them to create a server nothing happens.
The place to download the server files is in the launcher. There is the filter button, then the "Edit Mod Pack" button, then the "Download server" button, next to the drop down to select your version.
We clicked recommended downloaded it extracted the files, not sure where to extract the files (not sure where to extract them to on the computer. "local disc, user profile, user name, etc...), regardless, we clicked on startserver bat file (windows 7) after that no windows popped up to run a server and no other folders produced so that we could edit the settings, so that we could edit a server to be set up.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
If its a WIN7 PC make sure you make a sperate folder in your C: drive and run it from there. Running this sort of thing from your Sys folders is not recommended.
Mine is:
C:\MINECRAFT\FTB-SERVER-DW20-5.0.1

Each update gets its own new folder from a fresh Server download.

FTB Launcher.exe Is run directly from the C:\MINECRAFT folder
Inside C:\MINECRAFT is also another folder for the Client which downloads C:\MINECRAFT\Direwolf20

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
HOw do i find the IP Adress for the server?
use this link to find it http://www.ipchicken.com/
if you are having trouble on your own server to connect you need to do a port forward
http://portforward.com/ that will help you alot and it explains everything you need to do just select your modem and game of choice and it explains the rest.
After that if it wont let you connect you need to mess with your firewall settings and if it still don't let you. Goto your server.properties file in the main server folder. Change online-mode=true to this online-mode=false I know that sometimes that helps my minecraft has been messing up.
Also to the person who wrote this again if you are gonna start using your own server you need this trust me. http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
open up any document that needs to be configured with that. Notepadd ++ will make you from going bald! lol

Well hope that helped someone I know I am not a super smart person about servers but I know the basics :)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, I just want to start off by saying now, thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and actually help me.

I want to create a server for me and my friend to play on who lives in Texas, I in Minnesota, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have watched so many youtube videos and tried to research how to do this but I just cannot figure out how to make a server for Feed the Beast that I can make an IP address and connect to it. It never finds it. If there is anyone out there who could help me with exact step by step directions I'd SINCERELY appreciate it. I'm no dummy I just need the help. I can skype chat with someone if that would be easier then typing everything out, or if someone already has/ has found a nice video on youtube or possibly on here, let me know to watch it, again I seriously would appreciate it. my skype username is : thegrandprixguy

I'll be up for probably another 2/3 hours so if your willing to help me please shoot me a request on skype or message me on here or even Facebook: That'd probably be 2nd fastest so I can get the response quicker, that or if your willing to post the response on here, just messaging me on facebook allowing me to know you replied faster. Thanks everyone!

Facebook--- https://www.facebook.com/ThielsLife
yo man ill skype you and explain how to do it super simple :) give me your skype name ill call you explain it and in 5 minutes you will have a server and a port forward.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
yo man ill skype you and explain how to do it super simple :) give me your skype name ill call you explain it and in 5 minutes you will have a server and a port forward.
He might've given up during the 1½ year break between your posts~~

Reactions: Narc