Open Server MagicWorld2 | Upcoming | Hiring | RP

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Conyers0184

Jul 29, 2019
Good afternoon, all, and a happy Thanksgiving, for us Americans, and Happy Harvest for everyone! I'm Conyers, and I've been running a Bukkit Server since January 2011. With the drama involving the Bukkit team and Mojang I've decided to move on to a MagicWorld2 server.

That said, I'm not looking to tackle this one alone, as I did in the early days of my Bukkit Server. I've learned a LOT over the years of server management. One of the most important things is that I'll need a good team! I've also learned a lot about team selection. I'm very picky about senior staff, but very open about junior staff, such as builders and moderators. I've a semi-tiered hierarchy for staff, and am looking for some mature and experienced individuals to help get things going and keep them running! I'll list some positions below that I'll start hiring for and their requirements.

BUILDERS:
Builders will be the face of the server. They'll need to have considerable talent constructing believable fantasy structures as well as a host of qualities. Here are some qualities and requirements:
  • Coordinated, able to work with others
  • At least 15 Years Old
  • Reliable, Once a task is started, builders MUST see them through
  • Be available to use TeamSpeak, Vent or Mumble (whichever we decide on) and MUST have Skype
  • Able to independently start and finish Building tasks ranging from single structures to towns and dungeons
MODERATORS:
If Builders are the FACE of the server, Mods are the VOICE! They are the ones who primarily interact with players in the form of complaint management, interactions and ensuring things run smoothly on a day to day basis. When not actively interacting with players, Mods can also double as builders, or builder assistants and are the ones who create and coordinate RP events and even some quests and missions! Here are some qualities and requirements:
  • Coordinated, able to work with others
  • At least 15 Years Old
  • Reliable, Once a task is started, builders MUST see them through
  • Be available to use TeamSpeak, Vent or Mumble (whichever we decide on) and MUST have Skype
  • Have a level of patience and ability to deal with daily player issues
  • A working, if even Basic, knowledge of Bukkit Plug-ins
  • A working, superior understanding of the MagicWorld2 mods and systems
  • Utmost server dedication
  • Trustworthiness, as senior and trusted Mods will be given access to manage, update and modify plug-ins
Other positions will open up as staff become more and more trusted, such as Admins and eventually Co-Owner spots. This server has the potential to soar! I am a 12 year Veteran of the U.S. Army (Kill, Hooah!), so the server will be funded, as it has been for over 3 years. I have a host that has the option of upgrading to unlimited bandwidth, RAM and storage (with an acceptable use policy), so we can grow past the sky! On top of my years of experience, I am typically available to help solve issues, as the Army gives us several 4- and 3-day weekends. I'm big on organization and presentation, so looks are big with me. We will be using Google Docs to coordinate when needed, and Skype will be the primary form of communication, with voice preferred.

If you are interested in joining our team, or want some info, use any of the following methods to contact me! I'm typically available any time of the day, and most of the night! I'm Eastern Time, US, for reference. Please include the following info:
  • Minecraft Name
  • Skype Info
  • Job Applying For (Builder or Mod)
  • Experience in Chosen Job
  • Screenshots (Builders) or Testimonials (Mods) of your Experience
  • Anything Else you Think will Help!
My Contact Info to Apply:
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Steam: Conyers0184
  • Minecraft IDs: Conyers0184 and ConyersGrube
  • Vanilla Minecraft Server: s53.hosthorde.com:25645 (I can be found here most Weekends and Evenings, just goofing around)
  • Send me a PM on this Site
  • Or just Reply to this Post!
Once we have a set team and the server gets done up (I might get it going tonight, sans Bukkit Plug-ins) I will get a website (Enjin, most likely) going so that we can begin developing a community! From there we can begin naming the server, currency and developing an economy and the likes! I am looking forward to meeting and interacting with all of the potential staff applicants!