Magical Crops - no essence ore?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The spotlight said this appears at levels 8-24 or so. I've been mining a lot since I installed magical crops at various elevations and in areas generated after I installed it so they would have the new worldgen, but haven't found any so far. I have found one essence seed while exploring, that's all so far.

Am I doing something wrong?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
check your configs?

And check CofH core configs I think, that seems to handle a lot of the ores in worldgen.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine this would be a config problem. So check your config and are you possibly playing on Test Pack Please Ignore as it changes ore gen greatly.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
There is also essence plants to consider. I don't know exactly, but there was an update somewhere that moved the essence ore into plantable crops with the seeds dropping from tall grass. Maybe it's a config thing and depends on which you prefer.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There is also essence plants to consider. I don't know exactly, but there was an update somewhere that moved the essence ore into plantable crops with the seeds dropping from tall grass. Maybe it's a config thing and depends on which you prefer.

It didn't remove the essence ore though. You should be able to get essence dust both ways.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The spotlight said this appears at levels 8-24 or so. I've been mining a lot since I installed magical crops at various elevations and in areas generated after I installed it so they would have the new worldgen, but haven't found any so far. I have found one essence seed while exploring, that's all so far.

Am I doing something wrong?
can you upload configs or tell us what pack you are using (if it is not custom)? It would help a lot

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
This is a DW20 setup with several mods from Monster and Engineer's Toolbox added. There is nothing in the magical crops config that would indicate Essence Ore not being generated, but I don't understand how the CoFH config works. The other mods I added after I created my world all have their worldgen correct in chunks generated after the mods were installed. Maybe it's just rare and doesn't spawn in the Deep Dark. I'll give it another try in my next automatic mining run in the overworld. Otherwise I'll have to depend on essence seeds. They do work as an alternative source of essence dust, which is the only thing you get from the ore, right?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Problem solved. The essence ore doesn't spawn in the Deep Dark and apparently I wasn't out of the "old world" when I looked for it in the overworld the first time. Auto-mining gave me enough essence ore to plaster my base with magical crops if I'm so inclined.