Magic World 2 Problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
I got into Magic World 2 and I've ran into several problems and bugs right off the bat.

Ars Magica Hecates don't move or attack

Ars Magica Buffs are overlapping with other mods' buffs. Getting Ars Magica Flight, for example, gives you "Imbue Poison"

Ethereal Blooms are spawning naturally. Definitely a bug or ID conflict.

Then there's various subjective issues. Farlanders villages are spawning everywhere. Vanilla Villages either aren't spawning, or are spawning very rarely. Mod biomes are extremely large and common, especially things like Rainbow Forests which seem to totally flood the map with livestock. Some mobs are extremely common while others are excessively rare. For example, I haven't seen a single Ars Magica Dryad. Mystcraft can technically fix this, but it's kind of a band-aid.

I'm assuming others have ran into this before. What did you do? Can anything be done?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a couple months since I've played MW2. The hecates not moving I've seen before. Sometimes they just sit there and look funny.. until they attack.

Ethereal blooms do not spawn naturally and the issues with the potions/spells definitely sound like an ID/config conflict. Have you tried renaming the MW2 folder and downloading a clean version? If you haven't already, check the Magic World 2 Bug Reports forum thread and see if any of these are reported.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked into the hecate thing. Everything I've heard seems to indicate that Hecates are massively bugged, and will spawn indefinitely and never despawn. They also never move or react. They eventually fill up the mob cap and prevent anything else from spawning. The only way to fix it is to install OpenBlocks and disable them, in which case what the hell is the point of having this as a mod pack if you can't even use it on its own?

Obfuscating the issue is the fact that they only spawn when a player with a magic level of 20 or more is in the area.

Last edited:

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
So if I'm running a server, my friends will have to download that version as well?

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I'm noticing is that there's hardly any wakebloom in my test world, and there's also two entries for wakebloom in NEI. Is this an ID conflict?

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I'm noticing is that there's hardly any wakebloom in my test world, and there's also two entries for wakebloom in NEI. Is this an ID conflict?

Best I can suggest for that is try a different seed. I ended up abandoning a world and starting over because it completely lacked wakebloom. Next world had plenty of it...

No idea why there's two NEI entries for it.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Best I can suggest for that is try a different seed. I ended up abandoning a world and starting over because it completely lacked wakebloom. Next world had plenty of it...

No idea why there's two NEI entries for it.
I'm on my third world in a row that barely has wakebloom. I'm not sure it's the seed. Right now I'm standing over an ocean and I see maybe five wakeblooms with render distance: far.

One of the wakeblooms seems to be working. The other can't be placed or used in crafting recipes.

Last edited:

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on your world, yeah, you have to go out to the middle of the ocean to find the things -- I usually combine my wakebloom hunting with Thaumcraft node hunting.
No I'm saying even in the ocean there's barely any. Flying above the ocean and looking as far as I could see in every direction, I only counted five wakeblooms.

EDIT: Gone over an ocean for about 1,000 blocks. No wakeblooms at all.

Last edited:

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have an alternate download link? I've tried six times to download that file but it keeps either failing or stopping halfway.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
No I'm saying even in the ocean there's barely any. Flying above the ocean and looking as far as I could see in every direction, I only counted five wakeblooms.

EDIT: Gone over an ocean for about 1,000 blocks. No wakeblooms at all.

Hrms, I have around 20, but I've gone over everything in an approximate 1500m circle from spawn.

Does anyone have an alternate download link? I've tried six times to download that file but it keeps either failing or stopping halfway.

That's the only "official" link I could find -- his CurseForge site only has as recent as 1.1.1c.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Does 1.1.2 have problems with dryads not despawning? Because if I were to downgrade, it seems like I'd be trading one mob for another.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Does 1.1.2 have problems with dryads not despawning? Because if I were to downgrade, it seems like I'd be trading one mob for another.

I think that problem was in an older version (either 1.1.1b or 1.1.1c). As it is, I don't notice them completely taking over spawn the way the Hecates do in 1.1.2b

So far the only glaring thing is that the Gateway GUI is messed up (but I'll take that over screwed up Hecates keeping anything else from spawning, it's not unusable, just looks bad).

Last edited:

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
I think that problem was in an older version (either 1.1.1b or 1.1.1c). As it is, I don't notice them completely taking over spawn the way the Hecates do in 1.1.2b

So far the only glaring thing is that the Gateway GUI is messed up (but I'll take that over screwed up Hecates keeping anything else from spawning, it's not unusable, just looks bad).
Well Dryads are peaceful mobs, so they shouldn't stop hostile mobs from spawning. If they work like other peaceful mobs, they should spawn at worldgen, never respawn, and then have a random, but rare chance to spawn during gameplay. The developer's mention of them despawning kind of contradicts this though.

But overall I like this version better. I notice that beam spells also work correctly in 1.1.2. In 1.1.2b, they don't fire where you're pointing, and shoot straight down if you point even the slightest bit downward.