Magic Mod Synergies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
I know some magic mods have that synergies with their parent mod. But do some of the different mods actually have a way that they compliment each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, it is difficult. Magic mods are about the lore and exploration, whereas tech mods are about automation, etc.

Alumentum, produced by ThaumCraft can be used in boilers as a substitute for coal/charcoal/coke. I believe it has a higher energy density as well.

In conjunction with MFR fertilizers, you can use ThaumCraft's lamps of fertility, and Blood Magics ritual of growth, to completely overpower the growing mechanics.

There are certain tools provided by ThaumCraft which outdo many vanilla/tech mod/tool mod stuff. I tend to go for IC2 carbon armour + ThaumCraft/TiCo weapons. If you consider that a synergy, so be it.

Though, in terms of any of the automation/long distance stuff that TC introduces, tesseracts, tubing, AE, etc. completely outdo them, and there isn't really a way to cross-synergize, since none of the features are mutually exclusive (i.e. giving a unique benefit).

These are the magic mods I've dealt with. There is magic farms, witchery, etc. So you'll have to get those opinions elsewhere.

Overall, I have not been able to really integrate magic with tech. I just do magic to get some of the cool things, and then focus on my tech.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Thank for the reply, but I was focusing on only magic mods. Like if Blood Magic synergized with Thaumcraft in any way. Or do they clash more than not.

I was looking into starting a magic based world and while looking at Magic World 2 it just seems a little bit jenky.(no offense to the packs author)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thank for the reply, but I was focusing on only magic mods. Like if Blood Magic synergized with Thaumcraft in any way. Or do they clash more than not.

I was looking into starting a magic based world and while looking at Magic World 2 it just seems a little bit jenky.(no offense to the packs author)

Blood magic provides basic integration with Thaumcraft through the Sanguine Helmet. This is further expanded with Forbidden Magic installed, as that adds several things to both Blood Magic and Thaumcraft (and several other mods).

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, well then not really. A lot of the features overlap and cause you to choose.

There isn't much to synergize with, because there isn't that much tech. TC is about building the cool items/research preogression, and maybe the few blocks that are greatly overshadowed by their tech alternatives.

Blood magic offers the same progression in terms of the altar, but does not really offer much more than TC does. Bound armour is vastly superior to all other alternatives, because it effectively makes you invincible.

i.e. The depth of these mods in terms of cross-mod synergy is minimal. It is also why they get boring really quick.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, well then not really. A lot of the features overlap and cause you to choose.

There isn't much to synergize with, because there isn't that much tech. TC is about building the cool items/research preogression, and maybe the few blocks that are greatly overshadowed by their tech alternatives.

Blood magic offers the same progression in terms of the altar, but does not really offer much more than TC does. Bound armour is vastly superior to all other alternatives, because it effectively makes you invincible.

i.e. The depth of these mods in terms of cross-mod synergy is minimal. It is also why they get boring really quick.
If you consider clearing your base away with an accidental right click 'not much more than thaumcraft', I don't know what impresses you.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic provides basic integration with Thaumcraft through the Sanguine Helmet. This is further expanded with Forbidden Magic installed, as that adds several things to both Blood Magic and Thaumcraft (and several other mods).
You forgot, TT adds a bit of integration as well
Also FM synergises with AM2

christhereaper

Jul 29, 2019
There are not many direct synergies like the sanguine helmet.
But you can do stuff like use an AM Summon spell to spawn sheep for example to kill for Blood Magic.
Or you could fuel your AM Dark Nexus with Mandrakes from Witchery.....

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... That is an odd difference about "magic" mods and tech mods, Tech mods cross pollinate and expand each other (EG early IC was not fun to play without BC pipes, there was a time where those mods where inseparable) but magic mods keep themselves remarkably compartmentalized despite some sort of tertiary interactions (like useing a golem farm to farm witchery herbs).
Maybe to make it as a magic mod you need to provide really far out and different ideas and end up being so incompatible in principle but tech mods using a universal power system to power each mod's iteration of the macerator is deemed acceptable as tech is tech is tech. That or the devs of magic mod just will it to be so. Probably in an effort to be as stand alone of a mod as possible.