We are specifically being vague about that. Best answer is soon™. A lot of things are going to be changed in the next update which all of you will appreciate greatly, so the long wait is worth it.Never mind. I read all but the first page of the thread.
Any word on when the next update is expected?
Could we get a crash log in a post in the Bug Report thread?EDIT: I should also add by way of "bug report" that occasionally right click to craft will occasionally crash the server. Looking at the crash report it looks like a race condition on the right click handler between NEI (recipe usage) and the crafting table. You right click, craft the item, NEI goes for some reason to try and look at the item to display information, but it doesn't exist any more because it's now on your mouse pointer and not in the crafting tables inventory slot.
I want to ask you about 2 things:
1. I have initiated myself on botania, after that I "anvilled" my reputation for thaumcraft, but how can I start blood magic through the quest book? It doesn't show anything but the thaumcraft one and the reputations.
Playing on version 1.1.1
2. What are the options for more inventory space? Something like a bag would do, but the bagginses mod has disabled everything except the void bag.
That's everything, I really enjoy the challenge of not having the tech-y things and no pipes and nothing like that!
Just some quick thoughts from Playing 1.1.1
- The initial quest to kill a cow, perhaps if there was a way to just make that Kill a "Non Hostile Mob" as if you currently spawn in a spot where there's not a lot of cows present it can hold up the earliest part of the game for a long whlie.
- I have to agree with other's that some decorative mods might be considered. I'd love to see Chisel two without any of it's own blocks added (To Preserve the feeling that the game is very much set in a magical time as well as removing the Gravel > Concrete recipe) , and Carpenters blocks just to give a bit more life and variety to building shapes and structures. Bibliocraft but only for it's bookshelves, I don't really like the textures that Bibliocraft introduces.
- I like the concept of the Necromancy mod, but it doesn't really seem to fit the modpack in terms of how things are preformed. It's more Frankenstein then Magic (And Frankenstein is an archetypal science bit).
- Not a huge fan of the mod that drops all the books, and I guess is trying to be like Terria's magic system. I imagine that Ars Magica hasn't been added as I have heard that it's buggy i guess?
- Structure generation seems a bit high in 1.1.1 which is fine and all, but with Witchery your likely to find a ton of villages with walls, which tend to be... well they can make the early game a lot easier. Not sure if this is intended, it just feels like those aren't so rare.
Also might be worth noting the .exe on the site (For the Feed the beast Launcher) flags as a the following Malware: http://www.microsoft.com/security/p...aspx?Name=BrowserModifier:Win32/KipodtoolsCby
Keep an eye on the next update. There will be new mods included. One of them has bags.So, for now there isn't any way of extending the inventory space?
What about better storage backpacks(I hope it's that mod)? They have even thaumcraft integration!
I would love them to be there!
The Weeping Angles / Head Crumbs Mods were unanimously disliked. It's fun at first to find players you know to kill, but the fact that most loot chest are stuffed full of what for the most part are worthless heads instead of loot from the various mods is a bit off putting. Their ability to open doors does make them a bit more challenging, but ultimately the spawn rate is far to high to make them interesting or fun. The Mods from Menegerai are much more interesting and lore appropriate. At least they feel more like they belong. Weeping Angels are just miserable, they turn what should be fun (Exploring Caves / The Nether) into absolute misery with instant death and the possibility of being ported UNDER bed rock so that you lose all kinds of stuff. There is absolutely no reward from killing them. Definitely on the list of things that should be gotten rid of or made so that killing them has some kind of real reward. Their mechanic is cool exactly once or twice, until you find yourself in the middle of no where and just dead because of their delayed kill mechanic. Being instantly killed is not enjoyable.
- Botania feels a little easy compared to the other 3 in terms of "Getting Stuff" I feel like the biggest game breaker is the ManaSteel being able to mine Obsdian, as it stands there's really no need to search for anything else if you have what amounts to an infinite durability Diamond Pickaxe. Of the 4 Major Magic Mods, It definately feels like the one with perhaps... the most just "Here you have this" versus say Thaumcraft where a lot of the mod is building stuff so that eventually you can have X or Y.
- Archmagus stuff appears to flat crash server side. I haven't wanted to submit any bug reports because I figure as we're using it as a server and it's not approved for that kind of thing, it might be looked down upon, but yeah Archmagus is completley unusable server side. Anytime anyone tries to use a book it just crashes the server.
- Chickens hard to find in light of eagles. once one finds them it's not so bad, but it can prove difficult initially. May want to look at reducing Eagle Spawning
- Not sure if intended or bug, but Botania's horn for blowing off leaves appears to affect neither Greatwood nor Silverwood trees.
- Curious about the lack of Ars Magica? Seems like it's one of the big name magic mods. I'm guessing it's fairly unstable?
- Also Twighlight Forest / Aether, both seem like they would be /very/ thematically appropriate for this particular mod pack, Was curious on their lack of inclusion.