Mac version constantly crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing for a few months now on my Mac. I had some crashing issues when I first started playing, but they were solved by putting the following parameters in under advanced options:

-Xms512m -XX:permSize=128M-XX:MaxPermSize =512m

Since then, I've been playing mostly fine on a server ("mostly fine" meaning that, for some reason, I absolutely cannot play in single player mode. It crashes before even starting. But that's for another thread).

This thread is about the crashing I'm having now. I was able to run FTB fine yesterday. I logged on this morning, clicked on a chest to see how much uu-matter I made overnight . . . and I crashed. Figuring it was just a glitch, I re-logged on and waited a few minutes, thinking that sometimes, it takes some time for the game to realize the state it should be in. Nope. Still crashes. And it's not just one particular chest. I can't access anything--barrels, machines, chests, apiaries. I am able to fly around the world a couple minutes, but it crashes soon afterward.

Here's a copy of the log from one of the crashes.

http://pastebin.com/wk61iVke

Computer information: Mac Pro with 16 GB memory running OS X 10.8.2. No updates were run between yesterday when it was running fine and today. Running the Mindcrack pack v. 8.2.0 and Minecraft 1.4.7. No, I can't test other packs, because I can't play single player mode with any of the packs.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
In the start i see the following in your paste:
Code:
2013-05-15 21:39:04 [INFO] [STDOUT] Adding Accesstransformer map: codechickencore_at.cfg
2013-05-15 21:39:04 [INFO] [STDERR] java.io.IOException: Permission denied
2013-05-15 21:39:04 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
2013-05-15 21:39:04 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:883)

Looks like something is keeping some files locked, or is locking them.

Althought the actual error before the crash:
Code:
2013-05-15 21:41:28 [INFO] [STDERR] t: Exception in world tick
and giving an mousepointer error afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.