Casual Server Lumicraft FTB|Custom Private Pack|Whitelisted

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Luminus

Jul 29, 2019
nznhix.jpg

Dark Matter Pick sprite used with permission from Pahimar.

Hello, everyone.

As it's been a while since I did anything on here (in the public eye, at least), I figured I might as well clean this up.

Mod list is kept under wraps because I feel it would tiptoe the line between public vs private pack.

Server IP: lumicraft.no-ip.org:25715

It is a whitelisted server, looking for people that don't think mining lasers and nukes are TEH BEST TIHNGS EVARZZZZ!!!!11.. I will not hesitate to take action in that case.

I'm not going to require a minimum age because I believe everyone has a right to prove themselves capable first. Please don't make me regret that decision.

The configs have been tweaked towards the idea of not spending every waking moment ingame. The obvious no greifing and such apply - if you can't follow that, be aware I make nightly backups and have no qualms removing your access without warning.

Buildcraft and QuarryPlus quarries are banned in the overworld, use the Extra Utilities Ender Quarry there instead. Logging for such is enabled.

Experience with modded Minecraft
Best way to minimize the amount of chunks necessary to keep your base intact

Last edited:

tzuf23

Jul 29, 2019
Experience with modded Minecraft:alot of knowladge with ftb modpacks and mods espically thee ones used by direwolf in his packs
Know how to handle limiting chunkloaders?:yes kinda
Able to properly manually install things?:yes

Last edited:

tzuf23

Jul 29, 2019
trough prmeissions did it once in the past but ill still have to read on it a bit bacuse i dont rember exctaly how to do it

Luminus

Jul 29, 2019
Not limiting through the admin, I can do that through configs. I mean you as a player. How do you limit the amount of chunks you need to keep loaded for your base to be operational?

tzuf23

Jul 29, 2019
use only cunk loaders that you can change how much they load and use a few of them as possible and close them when ever im there / live with alot of pepole

Luminus

Jul 29, 2019
There's also the option of building vertically. My own base tends to be 48x48 blocks and just down to bedrock. I can have fully automated mob farms and other fun stuff with no more than 9 chunks force loaded.

Luminus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to get the server pack distributed through the launcher. Once I have a decision on that, I'll give you a trial run.

Keeks

Jul 29, 2019
Experience with modded Minecraft: Played feed the beast for ages, went on a break and now i'm back
Know how to handle limiting chunkloaders? Yes, I've used every chunkloading mod under the sun and know how each of them works.
Able to properly manually install things? Yes.

Luminus

Jul 29, 2019
Keeks, tzuf, please PM me your Minecraft usernames. Also, if an admin could edit the topic itself to change from "Direwolf20etcetc" to "Custom Private Pack", I would appreciate it, because I can't find it for the life of me. x.X

Also, sorry for the delays. Been working on getting the pack distributed via the launcher (hence the topic rename) and making sure everything's behaving server-side.

Luminus

Jul 29, 2019
Pack is now being distributed via FTB launcher private code. Cleaned the OP a little bit.

Silvdragon

Jul 29, 2019
Experience with modded Minecraft: Yes
Best way to minimize the amount of chunks necessary to keep your base intact: Building tower bases.

Omegampyre

Jul 29, 2019
Experience w/ Modded Minecraft: Playing mods since 2012 :)
Best Way to Minimize Chunk Usage: Use chunkloaders only for necessary machines, and build in a vertical fashion (I usually plot out an area and build a small aboveground base for show, then make the real deal underground).