Low hostile mobs spawn rate !

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with hostile mob spawn rate. You can hardly find any hostile mob. but there are zones where you find 20-50 neutral mobs spawned . Server is ftb monster with mcpc+ latest, anyone know why this can happen ?

Lucylilium

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, my server has had this problem before, what helped a lot was when i used /butcher from world edit. ( careful with this one it will kill golems )
or /killall mob name with essentials.

if you dont want to do that and risk players golems or tamed animals

Go to your server files find the bukkit.yml file, and open that up in notepad++ and use a yml parser incase to check if you added an extra space or less just in case.
The bukkit.yml file has a spot where you can increase or decrease your mob spawn rates.

There might be a lot of unkilled mobs and the mob spawn limit is capped, i don't really know for sure..but i increased the mob spawn rates for my server and that did the trick.

look for:

spawn-limits:
monsters: 70
animals: 15
water-animals: 5
ambient: 15

don't increase it too much just a bit.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
had monster at 50. increased it by 20, lets see what happens. usually you only see like 3 hostile mobs at night, kill them and thats it...

Lucylilium

Jul 29, 2019
still low mob count
I'm guessing you have a lot of alive mobs out that are hitting the mob count..
if you are running essentials just do /killall zombie /killall enderman /killall creeper /killall spider /kilall skeleton just for hostiles.
Do not do this for friendly mobs this will kill players tamed animals.

/butcher ( From world edit )worked well for me in cases like this but if you have players with golems out ask them to pick them up before using the command.

Goodluck!