Low FPS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

thefireislit

Jul 29, 2019
When I play Vanilla minecraft I can get 100+ FPS with highest graphical settings. When I play FTB I can't get 30 FPS on a superflat world. I would appreciate any help.

thefireislit

Jul 29, 2019
Computer info?
Optifine installed?
64bit Java installed?
Pack and version your playing?

Intel Core i7-2.4GHz/8GB RAM/ 2TB HDD/Windows 8
Ive got an Geforce GT nvidia graphics card
Optifine is installed
64bit Java is installed
Playing on the FTB Ultimate Pack

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I found I had to setup a mutliMC instance of the pack and setup the java settings myself. Once I setup the permsize and parallel threads to two I found I had an improvement in fps.. But you really need to check out MC 1.5.2 with the latest forge. Runs better without optifine then with

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
FPS is not impacted by RAM. If you don't have enough RAM, you will crash with an out of memory error. The bottleneck would be the GPU or CPU.

Its hard to say, really. FTB is very CPU intensive, but that GPU is also exceptionally shitty...

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
I've had nothing but trouble with the Ultimate pack. It doesn't matter what I do. With or without OptiFine, with or without all the mods that supposedly are to blame. I fix something, something else goes apeshit. Right now I've got a 50/50 chance when I log into the game that it will be playable. If it's playable, I've got a 50/50 chance that it will remain playable if I pass through a MystCraft portal. By playable, I mean > 0 fps. If I check the console, it's usually spamming "...memory connection overburdened. After processing 2500, still <astronomical number> to go!" And it grows. Oh yes, it grows. It was at the point today where i would log in and watch with every passing second as the performance got worse and worse until the game would become unresponsive. I did what we all at some point wish everyone would do...I googled 'ftb overburdened' and found a thread from a couple of months ago pointing to Secret Rooms as a potential culprit so I disabled that. Nope. I read that Xycraft tank valves can cause problems so I went through my tank farm and got rid of every valve that wasn't absolutely necessary. Nope. I saw all the shenanigans about tickthreading and the mod to end all lag, 'cept it's only for servers (or at least it was when I last looked into it).

This whole debacle has really put me off FTB, and the shame is that I can't even point a finger at some git who is just being lazy or sloppy because I still can't track down the problem. 90+ mods in the pool, which one is causing the problem? Sometimes less is more.

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
This whole debacle has really put me off FTB, and the shame is that I can't even point a finger at some git who is just being lazy or sloppy because I still can't track down the problem. 90+ mods in the pool, which one is causing the problem? Sometimes less is more.

Others might be able to assist tracking down any potential problem but we'll need more details. Hardware specifications? Also specifically which pack version?

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
Others might be able to assist tracking down any potential problem but we'll need more details. Hardware specifications? Also specifically which pack version?

I appreciate the sentiment, but I've googled the hell out of it. I'm savvy enough to know it's not a hardware issue. And having already invested hours into trying to find a solution I've more or less had enough. I'm going to finish up my existing projects and then spend some time on a stripped down world until the 1.6 packs start showing up. At that point, I'll see if the combined changes represent an improvement. If not, I can't say I'll be playing modded MC with any more bloated packs. It's not at all worth the hassle.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
see if the java process is paging a lot in task manager (you can add columns in the process tab in the view menu)