Lots of Lag Caused By Tick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darman81

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing the Ftb 152ngt pack. I have optifine installed also.I have turned on the debug panel with optifine and on the F3 screen i have noticed about 75% of lag caused by tick. This has dropped my FPS down to 25,and I can barely move without my FPS dropping to 5, I have tried everything from updating Java to changing my options to defragging my disk and nothing has worked

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry, is there a question or are you trying to tell us something? If you updated Java and your using Optifine there is very little you can do to get better FPS aside from hardware upgrades.

A tick is supposed to happen every 20th of a second in Minecraft, if its happening less you get whats called tick lag which is when everything starts slowing down. This is in no way related to your FPS, although if you have a weak processor and your playing SSP then high tick load will lead to bad FPS because your processor is maxed out.

Once you have enough machines other stuff in world it will slowly eat away at your tick time. A common cause is lots of engines, routers, pipes, tubes, etc. Your best option it to move your world to a server then connect with your client, that way your weak processor won't have to cope with running the internal server as well.

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
All you can do without Hardwareupgrade or a dedicated server is trying to change your optifine settings.

This guy is setting everything to the lowest. Maybe it helps you.

It helped me, but I am already playing on a dedicated server.

darman81

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry, is there a question or are you trying to tell us something? If you updated Java and your using Optifine there is very little you can do to get better FPS aside from hardware upgrades.

A tick is supposed to happen every 20th of a second in Minecraft, if its happening less you get whats called tick lag which is when everything starts slowing down. This is in no way related to your FPS, although if you have a weak processor and your playing SSP then high tick load will lead to bad FPS because your processor is maxed out.

Once you have enough machines other stuff in world it will slowly eat away at your tick time. A common cause is lots of engines, routers, pipes, tubes, etc. Your best option it to move your world to a server then connect with your client, that way your weak processor won't have to cope with running the internal server as well.

well actually this is the only modpack that has this problem,all other packs and vanilla minecraft run just fine with no issues and when I start a new world I get the exact same amount of lag as my other worlds.
edit:I just tried several of the other larger packs and the same thing is happening as this one but vanilla minercraft is still just fine.Also in the log i am getting things like "Memory connection overburdened"!, and "something's taking too long at root tick."

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Perfectly normal, there is no problem here. You have low TPS because your hardware is not fast enough.

darman81

Jul 29, 2019
Perfectly normal, there is no problem here. You have low TPS because your hardware is not fast enough.

this only started happening recently though,to all big mod packs,i could run ftb ultimate fine with 50 fps on my biggest worlds,I don't know why it started happening now.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.