Lost in Mystcraft worlds?

nicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
Ever die and lose your linkbook home? Have no fear there's still hope! Build a Twlight Forest portal and for the small price of one diamond you can have a ticket home on a scenic route through this beautiful dimension.

Not all worlds you'll visit will contain everything you need to craft a book to leave, but finding a single diamond is do-able in most and you can get iron from zombies to make a bucket if water sources are scarce.

Have fun hope to play with some of you on servers soon :)

Reactions: Aeatherlas

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm nice i hadnt thought about that course, ive been meaning to test if you can make a netherportal in a mystcraft age but i havent got around to it.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong, but i think that nether portals are disabled in mystcraft ages.

The "twilight forest trick" would probably also work with any other dimension mod (like tropicraft).

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
You can also just keep randomly jumping to different ages until you find one with a star fissure to get you back home. That's another way to handle it.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Guys i do think this thread is not home in the general section. Pls try posting threads like this in the correct section. In this case "Tech help"

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Well its a problem that needs fixing. This means its a Mod issue. This means its not really ment for "General Discution" right ?

There are 2 sections i would think this would fit.

"Tech Help"
"Mod Discussion"

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Greedseed, there's no need to "backseat moderate". If you really think it's a problem, click the report button and stay silent. If a moderator thinks it needs to be moved, they'll move it. I've seen you do it more than once, which is why I'm bringing it up here.

On-Topic: I never thought of that. Might give me a reason to install Twilight Forest. Thanks for the tip :)

mfgamesys

Jul 29, 2019
nice tip hope this stays as I can see tons of ppl getting stuck in a mystcraft age without a linking book lol

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm nice i hadnt thought about that course, ive been meaning to test if you can make a netherportal in a mystcraft age but i havent got around to it.

I tested that the other day and it didn't work, I had to go back to the overworld to do it. (It worked in a 1.2.5 world though).

Binarin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, not working for me. The portal won't form. I think it might be because of the dimension I'm in. It's like a desert version of The End...

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
theres a config option dealing with exactly this, it can disable the twilight portal in anything but the overworld, so maybe thats stopping it?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well mystcraft libraries are designed so that you can get a star fissure page eventually, and then craft a world home even if you start with nothing