Looking for mods that adds "Silk Touch"

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

So I have been playing for a while with the idea of a modpack centered around Factorization. And one of the things I have realized is that I need to find a way to get Silk Touch that is not by chance. Can anyone suggest a mod that adds Silk touch in a balanced way please? also I have discarded thaumcraft form the list.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If it's just glass Botania has the Viterous Pickaxe. Alteratively hte mana enchanter can enchant a tool using enchanted books and mana, and will not use up books. Tinker's Construct has the Silky Modifier. I'd actually say vanilla thaumcraft's infusion enchanting is one of the most balanced systems i've seen for hand picking Enchantments, at least in my opinion. Other than that, I can't think of anything else I'm afriad.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Azdule

Jul 29, 2019
Botania (although still requires some randomness to get the book)
enderio would be another as it's quite simple to get - you may not like it's 'ease' though! Item + book and levels

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies!

If it's just glass Botania has the Viterous Pickaxe. Alteratively hte mana enchanter can enchant a tool using enchanted books and mana, and will not use up books. Tinker's Construct has the Silky Modifier. I'd actually say vanilla thaumcraft's infusion enchanting is one of the most balanced systems i've seen for hand picking Enchantments, at least in my opinion. Other than that, I can't think of anything else I'm afriad.

• In case of Botania it doesn't really help me since It doesn't help me get the silk touch enchant and I do need it for things other than glass.

• Tinkers Construct does seem like the ideal choice but the point is that I want the primary gameplay to be with factorization. So if I put Tcon. in the modlist I can clearly see that one would rather make a pickaxe/hammer with maxed out luck/fortune than have to go through factorization ore processing.

• Thaumcraft is too much standalone; it is a different game in itself. for me to put it on a pack just for silk touch is kinda weird in my mind (I did consider it though). also one of the problems is that cobweb becomes a crafting item requirement in factorization and so I decided to exclude mods that allow me to craft it.

Botania (although still requires some randomness to get the book)
enderio would be another as it's quite simple to get - you may not like it's 'ease' though! Item + book and levels

• enderIO: Well... same thing as I said about tinkers regarding ore processing. Also because enchants have become such a hassle I already decided on bibliocraft, simple and straighforward.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
hmmmm.... didn't know about that. I don't usually mess around with configs. can I mine cobwebs with tinkers?
Assuming you have modified the tool with a silky gem, yes. And yes, you can disable interaction between auto-smelt and fortune, although Factorization still gives a better output overall (roughly 2.4 vs 3.0).